Author Topic: Where are sounds located in Avast 5?  (Read 6161 times)

Tipton

Where are sounds located in Avast 5?
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »
I have no sounds after installing Avast 5. Where are they located so I can manually install them? I am running Win 7 64.  Thanks!!

twins

Re: Where are sounds located in Avast 5?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 07:37:30 PM »
I would like to know where the sound files are too. Not for the reason from the OP but because the woman's American simulated voice is hard to take especially as the original male voice in older editions was much better. Any way to swap sound files around? If not please can we have a changed voice in an update?

Tipton

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
I found the sounds!
C>Program data>Alwil software>Avast5>Sounds

The problem is, they don't make any sound when I play them. Yes my sound is working system wide otherwise. Just no sounds from the Avast sound folder.

Tipton

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »
Ok, they play fine in Windows media player. They just wouldn't play with Winamp.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 08:15:47 PM »
And they don't play in avast either? I suppose it must be some kind of codec issue... the avast WAVs are in fact MP3s inside. They play well out of the box on all Windows installations starting with Windows XP.... :-\
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Tipton

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »
And they don't play in avast either? I suppose it must be some kind of codec issue... the avast WAVs are in fact MP3s inside. They play well out of the box on all Windows installations starting with Windows XP.... :-\

No, they don't play in Avast at all. Look what I have in the sound area under Avast.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »
Tipton,

The sounds for avast! 5 are not bound to that  sounds dialog, they should just play out of the box, as the UI handles this (I think)

There was another thread saying about them not working in winamp IIRC, but they still worked via avast! and WMP.

Do you get the sounds from avast?

What are the settings in avast?

Twins,

You can change the sounds if you want:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=54133

-Scott-

Tipton

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »
Tipton,

The sounds for avast! 5 are not bound to that  sounds dialog, they should just play out of the box, as the UI handles this (I think)

Hmmmm, I didn't know this. I do hear the female voice telling me that the virus database was updated, so maybe they are working. I will run a quick scan and see if I get the sound at the end of the scan.

Tipton

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 10:48:01 PM »
Ok scratch everything I said. The sounds do indeed work in Avast 5. I just assumed that since I had the yellow exclamation marks under Avast sounds in my sound properties, that they didn't work. I guess those are all just left overs from Avast 4.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 10:50:04 PM »
Yeah, I still have those leftovers from 4 as well.