Author Topic: ALL SHIELDS OFF!!! what??????  (Read 1553 times)

Offline zfactor

ALL SHIELDS OFF!!! what??????
« on: February 23, 2010, 01:37:04 AM »
happend three times now with is5 on this machine and once on another. i go back to check the program and EVERYTHING is turned off doesnt even show the last update. says unavailable. and i can not re start it unless i reboot then all is normal for a while and after the system sleeps all is off again... happened on 2 different systems running different software so i dont think its common to the system except win7 64bit running on both.. any ideas

also i have avast is5 installed on 9 total machines and so far i only see this on 2 of them.

edit also to note i LOST all my settings. everything is back to default now.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:53:56 AM by zfactor »
To many systems to list specs lol.. Avast internet security beta.

"Some days your the windshield. Some days your the bug"

Offline sded

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Me llamo Ed
Re: ALL SHIELDS OFF!!! what??????
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 01:57:47 AM »
Have you tried a "fix" of avast! from the add/remove programs menu?  What was your previous AV and how did you uninstall it?
Windows 7 x64HP-SP1-No UAC, Opera 11.51, Avast! Internet Security 6.0.128, Webroot SecureAnywhere latest beta, Windows FW off, MVPS HOSTS, SAS/MBAM offline, Macrium Reflect just in case ;)

Offline zfactor

Re: ALL SHIELDS OFF!!! what??????
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:02:05 AM »
yes tried fix. did not work. this was a FRESH win7 install with NO previous av installed except avast. i had norton prior and though it may have caused issues so i formatted and reinstalled win 7 installed windows updates then installed avast. so no other av installed ever
To many systems to list specs lol.. Avast internet security beta.

"Some days your the windshield. Some days your the bug"