Author Topic: MBAM and SAS detect keyloggers ????  (Read 2109 times)

anjandavid

MBAM and SAS detect keyloggers ????
« on: February 26, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
hello,

If I use MBAM and SAS,then do i need any anti keylogger softwere???any suggestion??

Thank you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: MBAM and SAS detect keyloggers ????
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:16:44 PM »
I have never used any anti-keylogger software, I just don't see the point of having a tool to do just that one thing.

All security applications up to a point will detect some keylogger files, but they are unlikely to detect every single one and the problem of determining what is a legit keylogger from a malicious one is difficult.

The one thing about a malicious keylogger is that it will want to send that data that it has harvested, so it requires an outbound connection, so you need a good firewall that is going to block unauthorised outbound connections.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

disPlay

Re: MBAM and SAS detect keyloggers ????
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 07:49:08 PM »
Just like DavidR said. In mbam or sas they relies on definition files to detect malware, Some HIPS or BB works great detection keyloggers. When a keylogger trys to connect to a server, to send data usually a good firewall will alert you from this outbound connection.