Author Topic: *false* web alert  (Read 3262 times)

roadhawk1

*false* web alert
« on: March 19, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
http://www.live365.com/stations/solidify48

The above link, was signaled as a "red alert" on Avast while I was trying to request a song on that Classic Rock station on live365; whereas, on another pc of mine, that has Mcafee didn't have a alert, so I'm not sure if it's bs or not. Also, I was at the library and listening to the station and click the link to the request the song, and nothing happend.  The problem: I cannont click the link on the page that says "Request", and I keep getting an Alert from Avast.

sded

Re: *false* web alert
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 02:48:54 PM »
I don't get anything when I click the link-maybe you need to be a member?  What does the alert say?  What database version of Avast! are you using?

roadhawk1

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »
Dude. You have to click the link above--and once it loads, scroll to a link that says "request"; Avast had a red-alert, saying it had a "root-kit", which is a bunch of b.s.

dabeniao

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
I clicked the link in your first post, scroll down, and avast! didn't pop up anything. I even tried to see the pop-up ad, and clicked the flash object on the webpage, still nothing happened.

sded

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »
Unfortunately "Request" is not clickable in Opera.  So I went to Firefox and clicked it; nothing.  Went to IE and clicked it; nothing.  What else does your message sayabout the rootkit?  I just don't see anything but a list of songs.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 03:55:32 PM »
Well I was able to get through the various bumps in the road with firefox 3.6 with noscript and requestpolicy and the Requests page link worked for me and no avast alert.

The site does throw up pop-ups like they are going out of style, but again after allowing those and still no avast alert.

Unfortunately on dial-up this is like watching paint dry, but I think everything has loaded, but I haven't had any alerts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »
No alert here.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear