Author Topic: DPC Latency will destroy the AVAST'S reputation ?  (Read 131926 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: DPC Latency will destroy the AVAST'S reputation ?
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
Lukor, do you need any extra data or you already have everything you need, you just have to write a fix for it?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

YoKenny

« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »
Having some spikes of red in one program does not mean anything, if your system does not respond, your mouse is not smooth, your sound is choppy - that's a problem.
System is very responsive, mouse is smooth, sound is clear in Media Player 12 - so no problem for me.

JoeB

« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2011, 12:17:58 AM »

Will it be fixed in avast! Free ???

Does the free version even come with the NDIS driver which is purely for the firewall?
The AV itself doesn't have an issue regarding DPC latency.

DPC Latency Checker won't tell you where the problem is either.
You need to use LatencyMon or Xperf for XP together with sysinternals procmon so that you can track down the exact code causing the issue.

Loads of 8ms + DPC latency spikes are pretty bad, saying that they don't affect anything is a lie.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:28:05 AM by JoeB »

gzex

« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2011, 01:55:26 AM »
Hi guys, I can confirm some DPC issues with AIS Firewall in the current version with massive connection counts. We are currently analyzing the problem and trying to come up with some fix, hopefully for the upcoming version 6.

Great news  8)

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2011, 12:42:14 PM »

Will it be fixed in avast! Free ???

Does the free version even come with the NDIS driver which is purely for the firewall?
The AV itself doesn't have an issue regarding DPC

There is no firewall NDIS driver in the free version that has no firewall.

coolsilver

« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2014, 02:03:08 AM »
Really getting tired of this freakin bug.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2014, 02:22:40 AM »
Really getting tired of this freakin bug.

Given that the last post in this topic was over two years and several versions ago, I would have liked to have though it would have been resolved by now.

That said I would say that it is probably better to start a new topic given this one is ancient and for very early versions of avast.

Are you really using AIS version 5 as in your signature ?
If so that may well be the problem as subsequent program updates will have changed the firewall module.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

coolsilver

« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2014, 02:39:18 AM »
Signature was outdated. I only come around most times when a beta is on going or get irritated by this issue.

I've posted in others previous but as a reminder of history I pulled this one back up.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:42:59 AM by coolsilver »

zerotox

« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2014, 02:01:05 PM »

[/quote]

Given that the last post in this topic was over two years and several versions ago, I would have liked to have though it would have been resolved by now.

That said I would say that it is probably better to start a new topic given this one is ancient and for very early versions of avast.

[/quote]

Actually there is a recent topic discussing the same problem:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=140679.30

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »
Signature was outdated. I only come around most times when a beta is on going or get irritated by this issue.

I've posted in others previous but as a reminder of history I pulled this one back up.

Unfortunately history isn't related, whilst it is/was DCP Latency so many avast versions later and a complete change in the firewall, etc. only confuses matters. So joining a more recent topic (as zerotox gave) or starting your own would have been better/ more related.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2014, 06:14:45 PM »
I'd like to know how things stand about this. I was thinking of buying avast! IS, but now i'm unsure. I need it to work flawlessly because i game a lot online and i can't have any latency issues, system or network...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Djfe

« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2014, 01:20:31 PM »
I don't know what change at my pc in the last days caused the dpc latency to go down again, but I'm happy
What I did in the last days (might be one of those):
Avast Update (There was a program update it might have finally fixed those issues)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Search (in the free version) -> deleted a few files and registry settings containing pup (there was something about the firewall and antivirus, I think the notification in the windows action center was disabled, PUM)
latest Windows updates
Updated a lot of programs to their newest version
uninstalled avast grimefighter, browser-addon and "easy access and mangement" (it might be called differently in english, it's the last point in the middle column in uninstall tool)

If there is something else I forget to write about I will edit this post

Hopefully the issue gets fixed for you now as well ;)
I'm almost sure it was the avast update
I'm usign the free Avast version btw. so there might be issues in the avast firewall still (for the pro/internet security version), you have to test it on your system, because my issues might have been related to something else since I couldn't make out the source of the issue 100%

@RejZor this has nothing to do exactly with network and system latency
it's more like the responsivity of your drivers which cause sound cracks because the PC cannot handle the sound in real-time anymore because other unrelated drivers cause latency in the system
you probably won't recognize it while playing except for the sound issues (as far as I know)