Author Topic: Virus protector  (Read 2091 times)

Vitall

Virus protector
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
How come Avast could not catch it, but plenty malware removal tools out there do know it perfectly? And it is second time it infected my friends computer.

Avast was up to date, but haven't done anything to prevent infection :(
Now I'm thinking of switching myself and my friends to MSE. If I will do it and MSE would do a good job, I would probably never recommend Avast to anyone.

Anyway, for those who don't know what is "Virus Protector" - you can google it. Basically it is trojan, that fully hijack computer, preventing user from booting into Windows, both in normal mode and in safe mode. Also it hijacks task manager so you could not kill the process or run any other software. Could it be that Avast by design not capable or simply it is out of the scope of Avast to catch this type of trojans?   >:( 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Virus protector
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »
Can you send the samples to virus@avast.com ?
You can zip and password the files... Inform a link to this thread and the password used.
You can send the files to Chest and, from there, resend to Alwil for analysis.
Thanks.

Maybe you need to disable Hide protected operating system files and enable View hidden files and folders' to manage the file(s).

You can send it from Chest also.
It will be uploaded (not actually emailed) to avast when the next avast auto (or manual) update is done.
Note: a copy of the file(s) will remain in the original location.
The best things in life are free.