Author Topic: Where is the actual SUPPORT from Avast?  (Read 3676 times)

zmadmonk

Where is the actual SUPPORT from Avast?
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:31:52 PM »
I've been checking the forum regularly for 2 months, waiting for someone from Avast to answer a question posed in the WHS subforum here (that someone else asked - I had the same question, too).  There is no answer!  I finally signed up to bump the question up (other folks have responded, too, so it's been up at the top for some time).  Still.... nothing.

Checked around other avenues for an answer, with conflicting answers and rumors and was hoping for something official.

I was planning on switching out my entire hourse (4 pcs and a WHS) as soon as my current subscriptions end, but now I'm dragging my feet.  Is this how Avast treats it's customer-base?  Ignoring them?  I even tried FaceBook checked Twitter.

While checking around the internet looking for an answer, I found SEVERAL opinions on their customer service, or rather.... lack of.  I'm not looking to use the free stuff, either (and normally once I switch, most of my friends and family do as I'm their computer advice guy... scary!  :grin:)  Is this what I should expect should I switch?  I mean, they haven't even added the Avast! 5.x line to their forums.  Makes me a bit nervous, perhaps I should look elsewhere for my anti-virus solutions?

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: Where is the actual SUPPORT from Avast?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:34:59 PM »
The avast! staff do visit the forum and respond to questions and issues, but there's no guarantee they'll see your post.

I believe they have a "sales" email address that could respond to a question like this.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:01:20 PM »
What was the question?
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
The best things in life are free.

zmadmonk

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »
It was in regards to the WHS platform.  Scuttle around the internet is that it will NOT see a v5 release.  Other scuttle/opinion is that it WILL, and once they release the 5.0 version, the family multipacks will come back (they have been discontinued, and I missed my window of opportunity to get in on it as I was waiting for my current subs to expire). 

Prior to the discontinuation, Avast seemed to be the best choice for me, as I WOULD like the same protection on all of my machines (including the WHS).  If they are dropping WHS support, I see no reason to switch everything out.  (I'm not unhappy with my current PC solution).  HATE McAffee on the WHS, though.... hate McAfee, period, actually.  :)

I've been looking for an answer since late January, as my 90 day warning hit (current A/V expires next month, now).  I know others have been waiting for news of this, too - as apparent on other forums (and this one, again, with no answer). 

Sorry if I sound all crabby.  I'm not one of those guys.  Just a bit frustrated as I thought I had the best plan/solution with Avast, and now it looks like I'm going to have to research other avenues.  I'm hoping that isn't the case, but if it is, I'll deal.  :P

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 10:16:31 PM »
I suggest you check out this avast Blog entry from the 4th February 2010 which about the other avast products after avast5 was released, http://blog.avast.com/2010/02/04/avast-5-adnm-and-other-stuff/

Quote from: Extract form above blog entry link
avast! WHS Edition – the v5 clients will be updated to talk to the WHS Edition shortly. On the flip side, the WHS Edition itself is expected to be also ported to the v5 engine eventually.

I believe the avast 5.0.462 client can do that communication mentioned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 04:03:23 PM »
avast! Support Center

You may submit a ticket since you are a Paid version user. The forums may be of help too.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1