Author Topic: CONCERNED VIRUS FOUND BUT I WAS NOT ALERTED  (Read 2482 times)

happy avast user

CONCERNED VIRUS FOUND BUT I WAS NOT ALERTED
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »
Hi all,

I am urgently needing advice and suggestions PLEASE!

I have the latest Avast program update which is (5.0.507) Definitions update is 10/04/14-1

My big worry is that when I scan and a virus is found I do not get any pop ups or sound alerts say that a threat has been detected, why would this happen?

I scanned removable media and it sad threat detected on the screen, but no pop-ups and no sounds were shown or played.

The other day Avast let spy-ware and trogens infect my computer and to get red of them I used Superantispyware Malwarebytes to get ridof them.
My computer is clean now, but I am confused as to why Avast  did not pick anything up.
All my sound and alert boxes are checked with a tick in them so don't know what is wrong.

The details of the virus it found today is as follows..
NAME:INFO.EXE ORIGINAL LOCATION: E/RECYCLED  LAST CHANGED 23/11/2006 TRANSFER TIME 15/04/2010  11.29 VIRUS WIN32:VB-GNV (WM)

I have already sent details of the potential malware for analysis by the Avast virus lab.

I would be most grateful for any help and advice given

Thanks

happy avast user :)

AmazingIT

Re: CONCERNED VIRUS FOUND BUT I WAS NOT ALERTED
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 10:37:03 AM »
I also Noticed that sometime we open a pendrive etc a Virus file run with it and hide it in your PC, when you restart your PC this file Hack your Anti-Virus and Anti-Virus detect it as safe file means Anti-virus shows that its Not Virus but when that  file process and Generate other Virus files Anti-Virus detect them as Virus. Still that Root File is Safe and Hide in Your PC.

Solution :
1) Open RUN , Type msconfig, goto Startup, Close all extra startup files or goto Services and stop that Virus File.
2) Open RUN, Type cmd, type cd\ , type dir/ah, It will Show you all Hidden Files in C: drive(Windows Drive).
May be there is any autorun.inf or other xxxxxx.exe present, then type attrib -h -a -r filename, It will unhide them then type del filename to delete it.
3) Restart PC with a boot-time scan.
4) or Last Solution Try Other Anti-Virus like unhackMe,malwarebytes etc