Author Topic: Am unable to update  (Read 7726 times)

Brit

Re: Am unable to update
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »
 :-[Ok! I have figured out how to manually update. And the the update showed as 100423-0 instead of the 100414-1.
 This morning I opened Avast to update and again it acts like it wants to dl but nothing happens however instead of just say" Initializing 1/2" It said DL file servers.def .vpx but again nothing happened or at least the bar never moved in over 10 mins.
This may be irrelevant but something to do with this Verizon wireless broadband connection makes my time 2 hrs behind and I have to change it while I am on line.
 I have seen no replies to my last summary. Does this mean you have given up?
Thanks much, Brit

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 07:37:52 PM »
If your installation is not working accordingly, repair it (through Control Panel) or even install avast from the scratch.
The best things in life are free.

Brit

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 10:08:18 PM »
 :(I have installed and uninstalled the latest version of Avast 5 and have done so also in safe mood using the Avast Uninstall Utility 4 times now plus chose repair from Change/Remove. That makes no difference except to consume time.
 I have never gotten any error messages etc except when I tried to manually add the updates which I have figured out that out myself and at least that works. But with the lg file that grows daily it is a real pain and time consuming to be dl'ding then rebooting each time much time.
Until you can come up with some other idea other than to keep uninstalling and reinstalling which I find an unnecessary waste of time. What good is uninstalling and reinstalling another time going to do?
The program acts like it tries to install but the "over all progress" yellow bar appears and just freezes. The programs seems to be blocked from receiving from Avast site or I doubt it would say it was updating the dl file: server.def.vxp.
What are things that could be blocking or preventing? Thats apparently where the problem lies for me not rebooting and installing and reinstalling endlessly!
I have really so appreciated this program for about 8 yrs with no problems except the last Avast false positve months ago episode that I was able to thankfully recover from with on site directions to repair with all working fine. 
 I do hope and pray for your patience, enlightenment and a quick solution as to what is going on for all who are having this related problem.
 thank you very much, Brit