Author Topic: ? About the Forum  (Read 4584 times)

Kei

? About the Forum
« on: April 23, 2010, 04:46:07 PM »
Hello... Um.... I would like to know: Is there an option on here for multi-quote? (when you want to answer more than one reply at a time)

Also, is there a way to subscribe/watch topics without posting in them?  I'm sure I must be missing it some place.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a problem on my end with how the page is displaying. Thanks!

(Pardon me while I transition; I have not been on many forums.)

YoKenny

Re: ? About the Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:11:41 PM »
Hello... Um.... I would like to know: Is there an option on here for multi-quote? (when you want to answer more than one reply at a time)

While posting  select Insert Quote

To subscribe:

Additional Options...
Select Notify me of replies.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:13:44 PM »
Never used it but i think if you hit the " NOTIFY " button (down right corner) you subscribe to that tread/topic

User guide here
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=help

Kei

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »
~lol~ Both of you.... Thank you!  :) I missed the Help button next to Home.... ~facepalm~  Oh my word! 

(I made the font bigger in the browser, so as not to miss anything else....)  XD

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:26:26 PM »
Don't feel so bad, I've only been here 6 years and haven't used the Help button (just had a look at it today) ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Kei

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »
Don't feel so bad, I've only been here 6 years and haven't used the Help button (just had a look at it today) ;D

Yeah... I guess so... Thanks.... It's still funny!  XD    & I guess you didn't need the Help feature, which is why you didn't get around to using it.  ~lol~  

Thanks to everyone for being so kind....  It makes my day.   :)

Edit: I guess while I'm at it I will also ask: Is there something that lets you know the page has updated when editing your profile?  (Sometimes I make minor changes, like tick one checkbox or so & it's hard to tell.)    Okay... I'm done. Promise!  XD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:54:35 PM by Kei »

Hermite15

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »

Yeah... I guess so... Thanks.... It's still funny!  XD    & I guess you didn't need the Help feature, which is why you didn't get around to using it.  ~lol~  

Thanks to everyone for being so kind....  It makes my day.   :)

Edit: I guess while I'm at it I will also ask: Is there something that lets you know the page has updated when editing your profile?  (Sometimes I make minor changes, like tick one checkbox or so & it's hard to tell.)    Okay... I'm done. Promise!  XD

you're mentioning features that can be found on VBulletin forums, and don't exist in smf. Like when you subscribe without posting here, it just means that you'll be notified about updates via mail, but you won't see anything in your "user control" panel, like in VBulletin.
 Multiquote is also a feature of VBulletin forums. One last thing, once you've posted in a thread on smf forums, there's no way to really unsubscribe. It will keep appearing in "replied to your posts" until the end of times, as long as the thread is updated, even if you don't post in it anymore, and even if you're not interested in this thread anymore.

ps: SMF and VBulletin are forum software ;)

Kei

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 08:58:05 PM »
Okay!  I won't have to wonder about that; that's good (& knowing me, I really would have wondered about it)!   XD 

I had logged onto a site a few years ago that used VBulletin.... I got it now.  :D  (It's different software, so the options are a little bit different.)  Thanks Logos!  :-)

Hermite15

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 09:32:51 PM »
you're welcome ;)