Author Topic: conflict with Ccleaner  (Read 15269 times)

Dch48

Re: conflict with Ccleaner
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 05:42:50 AM »
I agree Ccleaner is great. I use it daily to clean out all my junk before I shut down.
I also use the registry cleaner which has not caused a single problem.
I use it to manage my cookies as well, keeping the login cookies I want so I don't have to log in every time I visit those sites.
I also use it to uninstall things since it works much faster than going to the control panel and add/remove programs does.

PapaSmurf

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 08:06:31 AM »
CCleaner auto runs on my system when I shut down my browser.
I have not noticed any performance issues, it is a safe combination on my machine.
I also checked out the path you specified, windows/temp/avast5 and the only thing
I have in it is a 0 kb txt doc. What the heck was in that folder that it was 6 gb in size?

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »
Well this depends some people who aren't use to clean stuffs like cookies..cache..or many others thing that Ccleaner cleans then it accumulates and it makes Ccleaner takes even more time to clean the  computer^^

SafeSurf

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »
I totally agree.  I've had no problems running the two software together.  But I've known other people who wait until their system gets sluggish and wonder why and you find a bunch of crap in their system.  Once it's cleaned out...viola!

llariel

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 04:20:20 PM »

count_dingo

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 02:19:43 AM »
well the OP was asking about conflicts between CCleaner and Avast!, so I was conveying my experience.  Avast! wasn't cleaning out the files from the temp folder, had something to do with CCleaner having hooks in them.  I'm pretty sure my case was a very special and specific case and won't be experienced by anyone else, but you never know - so I put it here for posterity.

I have had zero issues since I changed the settings on CCleaner and Avast! started working properly again.  I changed all the settings back to what they were in CCleaner (when Avast! wasn't clearing out the temp files) and Avast! is still working properly.  Just something buggy happened (probably due to the virus) and things got 'stuck' and I got the 'unstuck' by changing settings.  Who knows.  All I know is everything's peachy again, just wanted to add to a dead thread.

SafeSurf

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 08:49:15 AM »
@ Llanziel

I needed to install Regcure per instructions of MBAM moderator when it crashed one day after an upgrade and even the mod. couldn't get it going after a week of troubleshooting on one of my PC's.  It actually fixed registry errors in MBAM that we were not able to fix ourselves and resolved the problem.  You may have your opinion, but I personally have a high opinion in MBAM.

Dch48

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »
I have used RegCure before but got rid of it after realizing that it was detecting very many of the same "invalid" keys every time I ran it. Keys that seemed like they were automatically  recreated at every restart of the machine. It was either that or the keys never existed in the first place. It does work but I think they purposely inflate the "detection" rate to  make you think it's better than other cleaners. CCleaner has a very good registry cleaner built in and the free one offered by Auslogics is also very good and totally safe to use. Avast! has no conflicts with either one.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 08:25:47 PM »
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

YoKenny

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 10:29:47 PM »
I still like Windows Cleanup! better... http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=70
Does not support Vista nor Windows 7
System Requirements

You need to be running one of the following Operating Systems:

* Windows XP (any edition)
* Windows 2000 (Professional, Server or Advanced Server)
* Windows NT 4.0 (Workstation or Server)
* Windows ME
* Windows 98
* Windows 95 
http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=187&Itemid=272

Hermite15

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:15 PM »
yeah gotta say CCleaner has been doing a great job for a long time here, not ready to switch to anything else

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 04:01:25 PM »
Does not support Vista nor Windows 7

I have tested it on both and it seems to work just fine.  It doesn't do the prefetch folders, but that's ok with me.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 06:22:13 PM »
A new version of CCleaner has been out^^
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim

randunyogo

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 05:52:16 AM »
ccleaner is a good program for cleaning out unnecessary files. it wont conflict with avast ;)