Author Topic: WIN32:VINRUIT  (Read 5451 times)

tejasgupta

WIN32:VINRUIT
« on: May 30, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »
As the name may be it have wrong spelling, but it is a win32 virus which is in my pc.
problem:and some experience
1.on every reboot of the system system take a larger time.
2.on start up when desktop is appear system hangs up.
2.1some time "Dr Watson have some problem and need to be closed" this MSG is encountered.
2.2or some time "windows explorer is need to be closed" this MSG comes.
2.3 data execution prevention is blocked or like so  also encountered
2.4 some time my cursor move automatically diagonally when actually there is no movement of mouse.
2.5 when system start a folder in my f drive automatically open,and i not make any such setting which makes this .this above two are really horrible and i just wants a solution with reason for this.

3. nearly 8 months ago i just encountered some of that  problem and that time that virus is remove thanks to avast 4.8 but right now i am again experiencing likely same with greater level of difficulty.meanwhile my system is formatted between this time.  and avast 5.0.545.with virus database 100529-1, updated on 30 may 2010 is not able to fix this problem.
i make a full scan of my system, plus native boot scan but result is no threat detected by avast anti virus program.
please help me.I AM USING windows xp service pack 2.
 :-[ ??? :'(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: WIN32:VINRUIT
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »
Run free Mbam and see what it finds...
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Altarir.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
As the name may be it have wrong spelling, but it is a win32 virus which is in my pc.

do you mean Virut?

Virut is nasty file infector which infects .exe and .scr files

you can clear virut by reformatting your pc without backuping any .exe or .scr files or you can use one of rescue disks, for example, Dr Web rescue disk

13thSlayer

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 01:31:41 PM »

do you mean Virut?

Virut is nasty file infector which infects .exe and .scr files

you can clear virut by reformatting your pc without backuping any .exe or .scr files or you can use one of rescue disks, for example, Dr Web rescue disk
Or Kaspersky one. Or F-Secure... Or Avast BART CD. Or... or... well... you get it :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:33:20 PM by 13thSlayer »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »
The only solution to file infectors is formatting the hard drive. But before that backup all the documents, which are really important.

No rescue disks.. no nothing!

http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2009/02/virut-and-other-file-infectors-throwing.html

nmb
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:38:00 PM by nmb »

13thSlayer

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 01:36:18 PM »
Run free Mbam and see what it finds...
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
asyn

That ain't gonna work lol. It is VIRUT ffs! You don't run antivirs on same system as it's on, you use bootable recovery disks (see above)

13thSlayer

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »
The only solution to file infectors is formatting the hard drive. But before that backup all the documents, which are really important.

No rescue disks.. no nothing!

nmb
If you don't know what you're saying, don't say anything.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »
Hello,

I have seen all mrizos' videos and have read all his blog posts. Everything he says is not completely true, or rather I wont accept. There are people who are professional malware analysts better than mrizos and he is nothing in front of them. And in the case of file infectors, the malware analysts, have not been completely successful in recovering the infected file and even if they did, the cannot guarantee the file was successfully restored. So we cannot say the virus has completely gone. May be we will experience the difficulty in some way or some other time.. viz, may be a new version of the virus etc..

Thats all I have to say.

nmb

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 03:25:03 PM »
Hi folks,

I would not like to give users infected with virut the slightest hope of a full recovery. The virut virus was just being developed to destroy a Windows OS's executables beyond the slightest hope of repair, the random haphazard way of destruction makes it almost an impossible task to recover. It has only added to long discussion threads. Virut infection means "game over, total recall", just protect to avoid infection..else the virus has won and another OS has bitten the dust,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 06:13:04 PM »
I Agree with nmb and polonus,  And yes, We know what we're saying.  ::)
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!