Author Topic: c'mon NEW AD IN PAID VERSIONS????? what the heck??  (Read 70151 times)

PapaSmurf

Re: c'mon NEW AD IN PAID VERSIONS????? what the heck??
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2010, 09:40:44 PM »

Perhaps. An altruistic viewpoint, befitting PapaSmurf ;D
I'll offer a more cynical, Gargamel-like view.
Perhaps that is the line of thinking/marketing that will lead Avast! away from offering a free product at all.

Perhaps,
Maybe it will lead them to offer a 2 month trial product, enough time for a customer to become comfortable with the product, and then purchase the product.
I do not think your view is cynical at all.
I am suggesting that avast start thinking outside of Prague, and even outside of Europe.
If you want to be worldwide, you need to think and act like you are world wide.
They depend on users way too much to defend their product, to troubleshoot their problems.
It is time for them to participate.

YoKenny

« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2010, 10:26:30 PM »
Logos, you always overreacts...
+1

But Logos maybe only 30 ???

Hermite15

« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2010, 11:24:48 PM »
Logos, you always overreacts...
+1

But Logos maybe only 30 ???

funny as I always imagined you old, very old...in the regressing phase you know, like it unfortunately happens...often...to old...very old...people  :(

Mr.Agent

« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2010, 11:27:50 PM »
Before releasing its alway nice to try instead to rush. So that how avast! did. Why blame them. If you dont like it its your opinion and they respect it. Maybe there someone else will like it and find it very very usefull. So stop fighting its wont help very much. If you got suggestion then go ahead and post. :o

GloobyGoob

« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2010, 11:29:39 PM »
Logos you should calm down and stop overreacting as Tech mentioned.

Edit: I don't mean to offend you, just pointing something out.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:36:40 PM by GloobyGoob »

Mr.Agent

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2010, 11:36:02 PM »
To treat avast! like you all did by reacting to this new thing in the paid versions dont really help alot avast!. I would just thank them and if im not happy with it then i would give suggestion. But as now i use the free so i cant really see how that ad look like so i cannot give any suggestion ;)

So before posting try minding of what you say and see if its will give only problem or any other negative comment you give to them.

Its really hard to handle a business where users alway demote the Team that try to doing their best. Seriously i find you savage.

Sorry avast! if im being hard in some word but well they need to know that its absurd to start to cry at you.

If you think to make a such security product very perfect like avast! or any others. Then go ahead and i say good luck !

Mr.Agent

Hermite15

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2010, 11:36:59 PM »
Logos you need to calm down and stop overreacting as Tech mentioned.

thanks for the advice, but I'll judge this myself ::)

GloobyGoob

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2010, 11:38:36 PM »
To treat avast! like you all did by reacting to this new thing in the paid versions dont really help alot avast!. I would just thank them and if im not happy with it then i would give suggestion. But as now i use the free so i cant really see how that ad look like so i cannot give any suggestion ;)

So before posting try minding of what you say and see if its will give only problem or any other negative comment you give to them.

Its really hard to handle a business where users alway demote the Team that try to doing their best. Seriously i find you savage.

Sorry avast! if im being hard in some word but well they need to know that its absurd to start to cry at you.

If you think to make a such security product very perfect like avast! or any others. Then go ahead and i say good luck !

Mr.Agent

I agree. The posters were a bit harsh.

YoKenny

« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2010, 11:53:20 PM »
Logos you need to calm down and stop overreacting as Tech mentioned.

thanks for the advice, but I'll judge this myself ::)
I guess the judge knows all and is Logos is an Omnipotents
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Omnipotents

Hermite15

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »
and you're being a j**k, once again...you know what Kenny Yo, just f***k off ::)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2010, 12:22:07 AM »
Seem some like to act no very proper for their age... >:(

Antarctica

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2010, 12:33:47 AM »
Seem some like to act no very proper for their age... >:(

You are right, no wonder we still have wars on the earth ???

Mr.Agent

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2010, 12:46:05 AM »
Edit : Removed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:36:42 AM by Mr.Agent »

Jack 1000

« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2010, 12:49:58 AM »
Vlk,
I still think you should move all that under the Help Center tab where it won't bother the users who don't think they need help and don't want to keep looking at the announcement.  And still should be readily accessible to those who do need help, since that is who the tab is for.

Yes,

That information should be in the Help Center only if it has to be there, NOT in the main GUI of the program window when first opened.  Also note:

If you can simply provide a check box under main settings to turn this off personally i think that would fix the issue for most if not all users i would be okay with that.

I would support both of these changes in the next program upgrade.

Jack

Jack 1000

« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2010, 01:28:28 AM »
I am talking all support, and they are NOT the only world-wide company with support.
Ok. You're right.
But the point is the telephone support.
avast has a great support: forum, FAQ, email tickets, help files, manuals (where are they?). We're side by side with the staff and developers.
How to solve the telephone support for non-technical people?

This is certainly true.  Avast has very good technical support in the forums.  The support tickets used to be good, but I remember submitting two bug reports/assistant requests when 5.0 first came out and never got an answer to my ticket.  Even worse, the ticket had been removed!

But, you guys helped me on the forum, so the good and bad balanced out.  When I had 4.8, ticket responses were much better and consistent.  When 5.0 came out, I just thought the tech team was so busy debugging, that they didn't have time to answer the ticket questions!

It should be noted that there certainly are NOT many other computer companies, let alone companies that provide a forum where you can communicate directly with support staff.  Even getting to automated voice-mail in other non-existent support circles is a challenge.

While not perfect, Avast is way better than many competitors for its support.

Jack