Author Topic: Help! VBS:Malware [Gen] AND Win32:Trojano-169 [Trj]  (Read 12774 times)

GF

Help! VBS:Malware [Gen] AND Win32:Trojano-169 [Trj]
« on: July 21, 2004, 08:53:17 PM »
Scanned my machine for the first time in a couple of weeks and got this result:

Sign of "VBS:Malware [Gen]" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\GF\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\count4.jar-47cfe281-369b00b1.zip\VerifierBug.class" file.

Sign of "Win32:Trojano-169 [Trj]" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\GF\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\K563ST2Z\bridge[1].cab\jao.dll" file.  

Put the files in the chest, ran Spybot and there are 5 DSO Exploits.  Spybot told me it removed them OK but ran Spybot again straight away and they're back immediately.

Did an Avast boot scan and nothing detected, but still can't shift the DSO Exploits.

What can I do?

whocares

Re:Help! VBS:Malware [Gen] AND Win32:Trojano-169 [Trj]
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 12:39:11 AM »
Hi,

this recurring DSO-Exploit is a bug in SPYBOT:
see their forums for info & workaround..

As to the other 2 nasties: probably got stopped by avast in time..

But see link "VirusRemoval" below on how to secure your system & browser better

;)

GF

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 04:51:28 PM »
Thanks whocares.

I'm running Avast with sensitivity turned right up.  Also running Sygate and allowing by application.  Scanning with Spybot and Adware every few days, XP kept bang up-to-date and I'm still picking up viruses!   Got another one now, but seems to be dealt with alirght.  

Only had the machine 3 weeks, what more can you do apart from giving in and buying a mac instead?

GF ???

whocares

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 05:07:25 PM »
what more can you do

maybe read the link "VirusRemoval" I gave you ? ....

Especially

"VERY IMPORTANT: Secure your system !!!
-> NO!  antivirus detects everything or offers 100% protection, and there are continuously found new security holes in WINDOWS, but you can do much (with just a few steps) to ensure that YOUR pc is quite safe from known nasties:

- Change passwords or set more secure ones, disable or secure shares, install patches/updates for WIN & IE (InternetExplorer);
- Disable ActiveX and Scripting in IE except for known, secure sites
- Even better, use a secure browser/Mailprogram like Opera, Mozilla or Netscape, instead of the notoriously unsafe IE & Outlook !

*** Read How did I get infected in the first place and follow Tony's advice.  He will tell you about some ways to make your computer more secure and link to some excellent free tools to help with that. "