Author Topic: Windows 7 and Windows Mail  (Read 2575 times)

roro

Windows 7 and Windows Mail
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »
I referred to this in a topic in December.
I finally found a way to open Windows Mail in Windows 7. I had a shortcut to it, but it didn't do anything.  I dislike Windows Live Mail, and always preferred Windows Mail in Vista.
Use this link if you are interested in doing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/5481-windows-mail.html

For some reason I didn't have a msoe.dll file (I did have a similar file that I didn't touch) in my Windows Mail folder, so I just added the new one to that folder.  That seemed to work fine.
Does anyone know the reason that Microsoft might have for installing Windows Mail in Windows 7 and then hiding it from subscribers?

Good Luck.

RoRo

ardi_sugianto

Re: Windows 7 and Windows Mail
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »
no windows mail is not included in win 7 because microsoft want everybody who using win 7 to use windows live service. see this article from wikipedia.

Removed features
Main article: List of features removed in Windows 7

A number of capabilities and certain programs that were a part of Windows Vista are no longer present or have been changed, resulting in the removal of certain functionalities. These include the classic Start Menu user interface, some taskbar features, Windows Explorer features, Windows Media Player features, Windows Ultimate Extras and InkBall. Four applications bundled with Windows Vista — Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Calendar[65] and Windows Mail — are not included with Windows 7, but applications with mostly similar functionality are instead available for free in a separate package called Windows Live Essentials which can be found on the Microsoft website.

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »
@ roro: I think I told you already a while ago, forget Windows Mail, it's a dead mail client, just like Outlook Express >>> get Windows Live Mail ::)

roro

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »
Logos,
I have Windows Live Mail and use it to download my mail, but I just love Windows Mail to make special email stationary.  That is what I use it for.  For anyone else who enjoys modifying their emails, it is a great choice and much better than Thunderbird or Incredimail.  I can use my Scrippy application and a lot of the stationary that I downloaded before I updated from Vista.  Of course I only send this stationary to other friends who enjoy doing the same thing.
What do you mean by a "dead Email client".  It works fine for me, and I have plenty of programs that are old and "dead" since I haven't paid money to upgrade them.
I am also annoyed at Microsoft for stopping their Microsoft Money application starting next January.  I have also subscribed and updated that for years.  Now I have to spend more to change over to Quicken.  
Sorry about the rant.
RoRo