Author Topic: kira antivirus.exe killing my internet connection  (Read 3252 times)

viz4suz

kira antivirus.exe killing my internet connection
« on: July 23, 2010, 06:32:14 PM »
Windows 7 Ultimate
Avast (latest version)
SuperAntiSpyware

I searched the forums and found nothing about this.

I have deleted this file several times; it comes back with each restart. It is causing my computer not to access the internet, my cable modem (the lights) go crazy until I kill the processes.  It is hidden in the C:\program files\common files folder on my Windows 7 installation.

It runs in the processes as
kira antivirus.exe.......Description:  R00t Bot     Location: C:\program files\ common files... it is a hidden file in this folder. you can see it if you show all files

we_host.exe.............. Description:  R00t B0t    in 4 instances….. Location: C:\ program files\ anapod\......... there are several .dlls that reside in this folder, I am not at my home computer right now so I don’t have the names of the .dlls at the moment.

I have deleted these files numerous times, but on start up, before my antivirus, or team viewer starts up it is reinstalled from somewhere, there must be some registry key calling for the install on boot and early in the boot process.

after the computer boots and if you kill the process tree on kira antivirus.exe everything returns to normal

I have run SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes and Avast, and several more virus or malware scanners and found nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
CMPaul

Jtaylor83

Re: kira antivirus.exe killing my internet connection
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »