Author Topic: is IYOGI For real?  (Read 90624 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: is IYOGI For real?
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2011, 02:32:17 AM »
I have had all the same problems everyone else had and the process went much the same way.

We were told we needed to upgrade Avast.
We did and received a progam to run the upgrade.
Tried the program 2x and didn't work.
Called the 877#. (Iyogi)
<snip>

Please contact Adam Riley:
As has been said in a number of posts in this topic - Adam Riley, riley (at) avast (dot) com Avast Third-party Support Manager, has requested info about iYogi, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, etc.), give the link to your post this topic.

It would certainly been better had you come to the forums first, it would certainly have saved you a lot of grief and time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Shy Fox

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2011, 04:58:16 AM »
I take the point that it is a while since there has been a posting on this topic, but I discovered the forum and this topic only because my experience a few hours ago matched that of sarojg's posting on it dated March 12, 2011 "Re: is IYOGI For real?" in astonishing detail.
The importance difference was that he had the experience & the good sense to back off, whereas I did not :'(   I have just sent an attempt to withdraw my authorisation of payment for their future services.

On the afternoon of Wednesday 21st  December 2011 I bought the Internet Security upgrade that I had on trial in place of the free version of Avast that I had been running previously.

There was an unexpected problem when the fresh automatic installation of the programme appeared to stop part way through.  Being an 82 year old, tired and relatively unskilled in dealing with such problems, by telephone I requested assistance, from Avast I thought.
I was somewhat surprised to find this assistance was being provided by an organisation called iJogi, of which I had never heard.
I was connected to a technician, Ashish Hajela, a pleasant man who was to deal with the problem by remote control of my computer, to which I had  agreed.  However, this became also a discussion about my computer and all the faults on it he said he was finding, and the need for it to be regularly serviced. There were the same breaks while he "consulted someone senior" mentioned by sarojg.

After an hour and a half of this, during which I was being slowly steered toward the advantages of using iJogi's services for such servicing,already short of sleep I was exhausted and stupidly agreed to pay for two years of this supposedly excellent service. I told the other technician to whom I was then passed that I must take a break and would telephone again when ready to proceed with whatever servicing had been considered necessary. 
In fact, when rested and refreshed, I did a quick search for information about iJogi and the services it provided. 
Some of it, you will realise, was alarming enough for me to belatedly attempt cancellation of payment. Once "authorised" the credit card company are not entitled to with hold payment.
The email from iYogi Sales 21 December 2011 16.06 tells me that my card "will be charged 3 days from now on successful resolution of your technical problem".  Implication there is that at that time it had not yet been done, and I have not now any intention of returning for more finding of faults eventually to be remedied.  I just don't think I would believe a word that was said to me.
Avast itself has such a good reputation that I cannot understand how they can steer us into using a service company that behaves in this way.  Persuasion by advertising is one thing, but this is quite another. Just as sarojg said, it leaves one feeling unsure about Avast as well.
It certainly doesn't contribute to a Merry Christmas.

The Avast Internet Security upgrade, for which I had already paid separately, was installed. Beyond that only a list of "faults" in my computer had been begun, so no technical problem  beyond that new Avast installation has been resolved.
I can now only hope for the best. At least my PC seems to be functioning still and I most certainly need it to do so in order to finish all I need to do during the rest of this year.

Quite possibly I should read further on the topic, certainly on this thread where I think I shall find who has a personal responsibility in these matters.

Any advice meanwhile would be appreciated.

true indian

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2011, 07:09:19 AM »
 :o

I cant beleive...i as a indian extremely apologize for such poor services...as u know we are a diversified country and stand out to business...as i say that the services here in india are a little poor but i will contact IYOGI soon to see if i can  do something sorry for all the trouble caused to u guys...

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)
The best advice is posted directly above your post.
May I suggest that you follow it and get in touch with Adam Riley.
He is the liaison and is responsible for making sure that iYogi lives up to
it's part of what ever the agreement might be between the iYogi service and Avast.
Let us know when your problems have been addressed and resolved.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

ady4um

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)
The best advice is posted directly above your post.
May I suggest that you follow it and get in touch with Adam Riley.
He is the liaison and is responsible for making sure that iYogi lives up to
it's part of what ever the agreement might be between the iYogi service and Avast.
Let us know when your problems have been addressed and resolved.

I have to disagree with bob's suggestion. Since Shy Fox is trying to cancel the deal, and considering that his main point for this is that the supposed assistance was not even started to be provided in fact, then he has no reason to contact Adam Riley.

Adam should be contacted only when the service was not satisfactory and Avast Software could do something about it. In reality, such cases may help Avast Software, but not necessarily the final user, who is left to deal with iYogi by himself anyway.

My suggestion would be, as Shy Fox said, to cancel the contract with iYogi, on the basis that no actual action was taken / started, so no service was provided yet. The "path" to effectively achieve it? First the credit card, then iYogi (only if the credit card way is not enough).

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 09:08:15 PM »
Lets put it this way Adam will have the ability to get involved at a higher level and have access to the logs if he gets the information and holds a bigger stick to try and speed up a refund.

So I completely agree with Bob as it doesn't matter if Shy Fox is trying to cancel the deal and get a refund from iYogi.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Shy Fox

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »
It is rarely that I have posted in any forum and did not even know this one existed, so it is a surprise to have received replies already and helpful ones at that.   
I am sorry that you, true indian, feel that all this is in some way a reflection upon your country, because here I have sometimes received very good and sometimes very bad service from English people.  Even so, it may well be no bad thing for iJogi to learn that you feel that way.

Helping a friend years ago who had fallen into a trap set by an outfit that regularly calls from Florida to telephones in the UK, I learned that once a payment from a credit card was authorised by the holder of the card, the card issuer has to allow payment to proceed.
However, if  you can prove misrepresentation or breach of contract the card issuer is equally liable to repay the card holder, though they are likely to insist upon strong evidence. 

Taking brief legal advice today on this case it was suggested (no more) that if it were not necessary for a computer to have regular servicing and I had been persuaded to buy a service on the basis that it was necesary, then I might have a case.  I thought it tricky to pursue that line anyway unless I had recorded the conversation!

When I surfaced eventually today my first visit to my PC was to check whether there was any reply to the email that in the early hours I had sent to customer service@ijogi.net but there was not.

In it I had explained the circumstances that had brought me to iJogi in the first place, what went on in the hour and a half that their technician had control of my computer, and what I discovered on the web later that convinced me not to allow the "servicing" to continue that was not the reason for my being transferred to them by Avast in the first place.

I ended with "Therefore, I do not want to proceed with the purchase of iYogi 2Yr for AVAST and, therefore, I hereby cancel my authorisation of a payment of £188.99.
Please confirm your acceptance of this cancellation immediately.     A copy of this email is being sent to my Credit Card company."

(I am not really clear what their terminology includes "...for AVAST")
Still no reply by 19.00 today, but then customer services called me from India, just as I was looking at the website that gives the address and contact numbers of their head office in Canada and wondering whether it would be worth sending a copy to them.

Another long conversation - ten or fifteen minutes at least - pressing me to explain again and again why I wanted to cancel the contract
(I mentioned this forum as a place to look), why was I dissatisfied, why would I not be interested in continuing if they gave me an additional three months plus six months cover for a second  computer. The latter was also offered by the technician who talked me into signing up, but neither mentioned that the only brands they support, according to the website that was still in front of me, are Dell, HP, Microsoft & Samsung.  No other computer I have beside this Dell is of any of those brands.

Finally, I pointed out that if at a later date I did become convinced that the type of servicing they offered was worth while, and the best deal available, there was nothing to stop me joining then. Putting her on the spot I asked whether she the authority to cancel my authorisation and, if so,  was she going  to do it.   Otherwise I would be writing to their Head Office with a copy of the email.

The  answer was that the money authorised will not be taken or, if it is, it will be refunded within 2 to 5 business days.  I was given a confirmation reference number and, at my request, promised that would all be confirmed by email. It was.  So need to contact  anyone else it seems. That was an hour or two ago.
Also included was "Please take a minute to provide us feedback which will be instrumental in improving our service."  Any succinct contrbutions that I might include??? ;D  I am in no hurry to reply to that!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2011, 11:31:02 PM »
I was present at one of the meetings where 2 representatives from iYogi told us
that if any customer was not satisfied with their service or wanted to cancel their contract for
any reason, their request would be honored.

Judging from your final outcome, I would have to say that iYogi has fulfilled the promise they made to us during that meeting at the beginning of this year as far as your case is concerned.

The fact that they tried to convince you to stay with them and offered you certain incentives
isn't something I can fault them for.  After all, they are in business to make money.

I still don't like the methods they use but, I don't work for them and don't dictate their
customer relations policies.

Enjoy avast!  :) and if you ever need any help, you know where you can get it for FREE.  ;D
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

true indian

« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:17 AM »
ok i spoke to the IYOGI  guy yesterday in the evening he says they ahve been providing services properly and people are happy with thier services may be the avasy guys can give me a response to this topic.  :-[ :-\

ady4um

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2011, 08:49:04 AM »
When I surfaced eventually today my first visit to my PC was to check whether there was any reply to the email that in the early hours I had sent to customer service@ijogi.net but there was not.

Please note that email address you posted is probably incorrect. I don't know if it is just some typo here, or you actually used this same email address too.

In any case, for future reference, try to use some "coded" email address, like for ezxample:

_ _ | _  _   _    _    _  __|_      _ _ ._ _
_\(_||(/__\  (a)  (_|\/(_|_\ |   o  (_(_)| | |

or

sales At avast d 0 t  c 0 m

or some simpler form, but avoid posting complete email addresses, so to reduce spam traffic.

I'm glad you solved the problem, and as Bob said, we (common avast users) are here too :).

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
Shy Fox, just to point out in plain english it is not ( ijogi ) the correct spelling is iyogi which is why you probably never recieved a reply.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
ok i spoke to the IYOGI  guy yesterday in the evening he says they ahve been providing services properly and people are happy with thier services may be the avasy guys can give me a response to this topic.  :-[ :-\
I dont know why you are contacting iyogi on behalf of someone else as the issue has absoloutly nothing to do with you anyway, plus iyogi would not be able to divulge any information about the OP's problem to you as that would breach privacy laws and i also wouldn't think that avast would reply to you about any such issues in this thread as like i said before it has nothing to do with you  ::)

Shy Fox

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2011, 01:07:53 PM »
Quote from: ady4um: Today at 06:49:04 AM
Please note that email address you posted is probably incorrect. I don't know if it is just some typo here, or you actually used this same email address too.

My apologies for using the incorrect spelling of iYogi in my first posting.

It may have been the result of my seeing during my search for information about them one website of ijogi.net/pchealth offering what appear to be exactly the same services as those of iYogi says they  provide.  Indeed, I took it to be the same organisation and even quoted later the range of computer brands it says there that they cover.  I did not investigate that site beyond the opening page.  If it is not iYogi's site it is an uncomfortably close imitation.  Does anyone else know anything about it?

When addressing my email to iYogi's customer service, I followed my usual practice when the address is not already on my email system: I copied & pasted the correct address from their own material to avoid any risk of a typo.

Quote from:craigb on Today at 08:30:23 AM

Shy Fox, just to point out in plain english it is not ( ijogi ) the correct spelling is iyogi which is why you probably never recieved a reply.
As I said at the end of my posting yesterday, I received a reply to my email to iYogi's customer service first by telephone. and then the conclusion reached in that discussion was confirmed by an email to me.

Quote from: craigb on Today at 08:37:50 AM

I dont know why you are contacting iyogi on behalf of someone else as the issue has absoloutly nothing to do with you anyway, plus iyogi would not be able to divulge any information about the OP's problem to you as that would breach privacy laws and i also wouldn't think that avast would reply to you about any such issues in this thread as like i said before it has nothing to do with you

It is not clear to me from true indian's postings whether his original reaction was to what I had posted or to the whole of what was on this thread about iYogi, but he does refer to "all the trouble caused to u guys" rather than to me.  I do not know whether he spoke to them specifically and only on my behalf, though I hope not.

Making a general complaint to iYogi based upon what he read on this website or elsewhere about their allegedly poor service seems to me to come under the heading of free speech, and personally I think that it is unreasonable to say that the matter has nothing to do with him.

true indian

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »
sorry but i needed to talk to them as they arent giving good services to avast users and we have the right to speak  ;)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2011, 01:27:16 PM »
sorry but i needed to talk to them as they arent giving good services to avast users and we have the right to speak  ;)
I didn't realize that you work for Avast or, had a personal problem with their service ???