Author Topic: Notify when scan complete?  (Read 4531 times)

Bozz

Notify when scan complete?
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »
I normally run the system scan with Avast minimized to the taskbar. Is there a setting I have overlooked or any way to get Avast to notify when the scan is complete? Like a popup or flash the taskbar button maybe.

I'm using Avast 5.0.594

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Notify when scan complete?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
Right now, this option is not available. When the scan finished, the log is stored, but or you've set automated actions to be taken or an user  intervention is necessary.
How often do you scan? Why?
The best things in life are free.

Bozz

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »
Right now, this option is not available. When the scan finished, the log is stored, but or you've set automated actions to be taken or an user  intervention is necessary.
How often do you scan? Why?
Thanks for the reply. I do a full system scan maybe once a month just as a preventive measure. Same for scanning for malware. I'm not having any problems and haven't been infected by anything in a long time. It's just a maintenance thing I do. I wonder sometimes if I really need to do any scanning unless I happen to get infected and have problems.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
Well, once a month is not that overkilling. What gives you the protection is the resident.
Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)

GloobyGoob

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:51:47 PM »
There's no popup notification currently, but when a manual scan completes, it plays a sound and you can hear: "Scan has been completed."

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:35 PM »
There's no popup notification currently, but when a manual scan completes, it plays a sound and you can hear: "Scan has been completed."
Oh... I've forgot that... I've disabled the voices and keep only the sound. But, when I'm away from the computer I put the volume on zero.

Bozz

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »
Oh... I've forgot that... I've disabled the voices and keep only the sound. But, when I'm away from the computer I put the volume on zero.
Yeah...I forgot about the sound too but I keep sound turned off on my pc turning it on when I need it. I guess I could turn it on for scanning though. That would let me know when it's finished without needing to keep checking it. Thanks for the reminder.

GloobyGoob

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 06:03:59 AM »
I like the sound notification because I leave the room when I perform a scan. In this case audio notification is more useful because when I hear the sound I will know when it completes ;D