Author Topic: System Hang  (Read 2724 times)

priyadarshi

System Hang
« on: August 18, 2010, 01:36:07 PM »
Most of the systems are  virus infected .We are trying to boot scan but after boot scan virus is not totally out of system. Most systems are infected like win32.malware.gen,Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk],win32:malob-at [cryp],win32:crypt-hfm etc.when we are trying to work ,systems are going to hang.Booting scan is not working some system.It is now spreading most of our network.Please suggest us what can we do.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: System Hang
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:42:39 PM »
Until you get a personalized help, I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use MBAM (or SUPERantispyware or even Spyware Terminator) to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, it is better and safer to send the infected file(s) to quarantine (Chest), rather than simply deleting them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Clean your Hosts file (replacing it) with HostsMan tool.
7. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
8. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
9. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »
In addition to what Tech say i suggest to make a hijack hunter log
http://www.novirusthanks.org/products/hijack-hunter/
and post info here and i will help.
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 03:01:43 PM »
Most of the systems are  virus infected .We are trying to boot scan but after boot scan virus is not totally out of system. Most systems are infected like win32.malware.gen,Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk],win32:malob-at [cryp],win32:crypt-hfm etc.when we are trying to work ,systems are going to hang.Booting scan is not working some system.It is now spreading most of our network.Please suggest us what can we do.

Try this on an usb stick..!! (Download on a clean system..!!)
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 10:58:42 AM »
Hello priyadarshi, and welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you disconnect your PC's from the network, since the infection is spreading, and that you only reconnect them once cleaned out.

If all PC's are connected during the cleaning process, they may very well be reinfected by one of the others because there is malware that once installed on a machine look for other machines on the local network, etc.

1. How many PC's are you dealing with?
2. What version and product of Avast do you have?  5.0.594 is the latest version.
3. What other security software is installed including firewall?
4. What attempts or tools have been used so far to remove the malware besides the Boot scan, even if unsuccessful?