Author Topic: Using Avast and IncrediMail  (Read 3662 times)

msusanm

Using Avast and IncrediMail
« on: August 13, 2010, 04:17:34 AM »
I currently have Avast version 5.0.594 and IncrediMail 2. I am not able to receive any attachments with my emails. All of the attachments say "Not Found" underneath them. My email client that IncrediMail receives the emails from is Gmail.

This problem did not begin recently. When it began, I was using a Comcast account with IncrediMail XE and several versions of Avast ago. Everything ran smoothly for several years. Suddenly one day, all my attachments disappeared. They all came in just fine but became "File Not Found" all of a sudden one day after updating Avast, and every attachment that came in with new emails were also not there. I'm afraid I don't know which update that was. Downloading IncrediMail 2 and updating version of Avast with a different email account (Gmail) did not solve the problem.

I should note that I am able to receive, access, view, and download attachments just fine in Gmail. But when the come into IncrediMail, they are not there and say "Not Found." 

I should also note that I am not able to send attachments to my emails from incrediMail either. The recipient receive my emails just fine but without the attachments. I am, however, able to send emails with attachments from Gmail, just like I am able to receive, view, and download them in Gmail.

Avast is deleting all of my email attachments out of IncrediMail. Avast does not allow me to receive or send any attachments into or through my IncrediMail email client.

Is anyone familiar with this problem to help me?

Is there a way for me to contact Avast to ask them for a fix for this? I was not successful through the support center, and that is the reason I registered and am posting on the forum.

Thank you so much for any assistance you can offer me.

msusanm

Re: Using Avast and IncrediMail
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:16:56 PM »
Is there anyone to please help?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Using Avast and IncrediMail
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:31:34 PM »
does it work if you disable/turn off avast mail-shield?