Author Topic: error message: couldn't load resource manager  (Read 3071 times)

Offline TJWilden

• Personal Message (Offline)
error message: couldn't load resource manager
« on: August 17, 2010, 02:49:20 AM »
I would like to figure out how to fix a problem with my spy ware remover since I updated Avast.
I use Ad Aware and the error message reads "Couldn't load resource manager"
Thank you, TJWilden

Offline Tarq57

• avast! Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: error message: couldn't load resource manager
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 03:36:27 AM »
I can't help with AdAware, sorry, long story short, I found the program started to become quite buggy and bloated about 3 years ago, so removed it, never to be seen again.

What I can suggest is to use something a bit better, lighter, and problem free, like MBAM or SAS. Both these programs are often suggested here, and other security forums.
Both work in a similar manner to AdAware (but better, IMO) and both have free versions that are full-featured, payment secures resident protection. I find that last not to be necessary.
WindowsXP Home SP3,Avast Free 5.1.889,Windows Firewall, Autorun Eater,Firefox w/Noscript+ /Adblock+/Better Privacy, IE8 all zones except MS Update set to "untrusted" settings,MVPS Host file.SecuniaPSI.

Offline jadinolf

• avast! Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:49:07 AM »
I can't help with AdAware, sorry, long story short, I found the program started to become quite buggy and bloated about 3 years ago, so removed it, never to be seen again.

What I can suggest is to use something a bit better, lighter, and problem free, like MBAM or SAS. Both these programs are often suggested here, and other security forums.
Both work in a similar manner to AdAware (but better, IMO) and both have free versions that are full-featured, payment secures resident protection. I find that last not to be necessary.

+1

Offline SafeSurf

• avast! Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 06:28:14 AM »
I agree with the statement Tarq57 made as well.  A more updated software like the ones mentioned (MBAM or SAS) can be used as on-demand and are much lighter weight and work very well with Avast.

You can download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (MBAM) free from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/.

You can download SuperantiSpyware (SAS) from here http://www.superantispyware.com/.

Remember to uninstall Ad Aware per the vendor's instructions first, then reboot prior to installing MBAM or SAS.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.  Thank you.
iMac (Mavericks)/Safari and Firefox (NoScript/AdBlockPlus/BetterPrivacy/Ghostey)/
Vista Home Prem (same add-on's)/Avast Free/Online Armor Premium Firewall/MBAM Prem)/ Avast Mobile Security with MBAM Pro/ iPad 4th gen.

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now