Author Topic: Please help out with this test  (Read 7528 times)

ravi16aug

Please help out with this test
« on: August 26, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
Requesting all Wilders members to please visit - http://qa.register.cnbc.com/ipTest.jsp through your mobile web browser and see if the country detected by the page is correct. Please note that in the URL, Test appears with a capital T. Also, please avoid using Opera Mobile/Mini as it always reports the country as Norway.
If you could post back with your feedback, it would be really really beneficial for me.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Please help out with this test
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
Here you go

Yes it recognized my country/

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:04:55 PM by jadinolf »
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »
PC:right i am in Syria
Mobile hone:also right i am in Syria
Your Country is : Syrian Arab Republic
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »
Here you go

Please dont put your IP address.A web cracker may use it and hack into your system. ;)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 07:38:01 PM »
I got the following in Firefox (desktop PC):

There was an error in registration !!!!
Since this was a jsp, it might have had something to with NoScript settings (although the NS icon didn't indicate anything blocked).  Also I've got those geo things disabled in Firefox per that other thread.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

ravi16aug

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 08:18:48 PM »
Many thanks guys, please keep it going. I would request you to please test this from mobile phone browser.

YoKenny

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 08:22:42 PM »
Here you go

Yea me too but USA and Canada are quite large.

MikeBCda, maybe you will someday realize you have a system that is only suitable for Win98SE and saddly you have a brain injury . ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:28:29 PM by YoKenny »

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 10:26:31 PM »
Here you go

Yea me too but USA and Canada are quite large.

MikeBCda, maybe you will someday realize you have a system that is only suitable for Win98SE and saddly you have a brain injury . ;)
YoKenny,maybe you already realize you are not funny and saddly your work here is just remember people to change signature.
What he make for you to talk about him,nothing,So you think you are better than him...
please re think about that.

Gargamel360

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »
Yeah, maybe that was some inside joke  ???  , like the two are aquainted enough where they are comfortable joking like that.

But if that was just another off-hand comment, I see no humor in it.  
Anyone who thinks a disability is any kind of joke needs to live with one themselves.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:36:37 PM by Gargamel360 »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
Yeah, maybe that was some inside joke  ???  , like the two are aquainted enough where they are comfortable joking like that.

Anyone who thinks a disability is any kind of joke needs to live with one themselves.
Fully agree. Having been there and survived a brain aneurysm it's far from a joke. :'(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 01:37:45 AM »

Fully agree. Having been there and survived a brain aneurysm it's far from a joke. :'(
I know you consider yourself very fortunate. :)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Thanks for support, all.  Since this isn't first time YoKenny has blamed my brain injury and/or (admittedly low) RAM for all my computer problems (the former is criminal offense here in Canada, by the way), I decided it was report-to-moderators time.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Hermite15

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »
Thanks for support, all.  Since this isn't first time YoKenny has blamed my brain injury and/or (admittedly low) RAM for all my computer problems (the former is criminal offense here in Canada, by the way), I decided it was report-to-moderators time.

I've seen it once before yes...and yes that's offensive...unless the offender has doubts, which could be legitimated by the fact that you feel the need to mention that under your avatar...and honestly I'm wondering why the need?

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 10:38:17 PM »
May he think he is funny and when i first come here YoKenny was fun with me too.
But to be honest YoKenny help others in remembering them to update their signatures,What a helpful person?!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 11:45:25 PM »
Mike, I personally complained about this situation some minutes after it starts to the Moderators.
I get nothing from them.
The best things in life are free.