Author Topic: Tiger: No Mail or After-close Support  (Read 5743 times)

Constractor1

Tiger: No Mail or After-close Support
« on: September 11, 2010, 07:18:49 AM »
I have Tiger 10.4.11 on an eMac. My Avast version says 2.74RO.

I'm using the Mac's Mail program for an IMAP account. Avast reports the new emails, and that none of them have been scanned. The box is checked in Avast preferences. I don't know why it won't, or how to make it scan them, except manually every time.

When I try to close Avast, a dialog warns me that I won't have After-close support if I do. The box is checked.

What's going on? 'Preciate the input, fellow Avasters.

Next day, Sept 11,2010: I think I figured out the mail. It only scans the ones with attachments. Makes sense.

After-close support problem still a mystery.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:36:46 AM by Constractor1 »

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Tiger: No Mail or After-close Support
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
I have Tiger 10.4.11 on an eMac. My Avast version says 2.74RO.

I'm using the Mac's Mail program for an IMAP account. Avast reports the new emails, and that none of them have been scanned. The box is checked in Avast preferences. I don't know why it won't, or how to make it scan them, except manually every time.

When I try to close Avast, a dialog warns me that I won't have After-close support if I do. The box is checked.

What's going on? 'Preciate the input, fellow Avasters.

Next day, Sept 11,2010: I think I figured out the mail. It only scans the ones with attachments. Makes sense.

After-close support problem still a mystery.

Hallo, first, try the latestr version - it's the post in the head of this forum. In the case it won't work too, please check the rules in mail's preferences.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Constractor1

Re: Tiger: No Mail or After-close Support
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 02:18:57 AM »
Hello, Zilog-

Please excuse the late reply, I got busy, then I just got lazy. I'm a little under the weather right now and just got a new PC, a little under the weather itself, so I have the time and inclination to make ammends. Please consider this if you still find it useful.

I see the topic's been edited, and rightly so. I reported that I had tried upgrading, deleting the offending rules, turning off and on mail support, quitting and restarting the programs and computer in all manner of combinations, with no change.  You asked me to send you more details if the problem persisted, so here we go.

The bad rules just keep multiplying. I think I deleted them once in the time that's passed, and there are several there again. I don't think there have been any other effects.

I have the Avast activity log to send you, and my system profile. I prefer to do this in private, as there is personally identifying info in my sys profile. Please send me an email, or whatever, so I can do this, and anything else I can do to help. I WILL try to be prompt.

Cheers.