Author Topic: What is a js treffuc-c trj, and how do I make it stop?  (Read 4183 times)

Toody

What is a js treffuc-c trj, and how do I make it stop?
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:03:26 AM »
Hello Everyone,

During the past four days, whenever I click on http://www.shockwave.com/download.jsp or any www.msn.com link, I get a pop-up menu notice from Avast 5 (free version) that it just blocked a js treffuc-c trj. In addition, when I tried to change my account information (credit card) on a website, it was blocked and Avast said there was a tracer that needed to be investigated by Avast; so I couldn't change my account.

How do I get rid of the js treffuc-c, and where did it come from? What does it do? I have tried to find information on it, but nothing online or at Avast.com is available on this subject.

I ran a Avast bootscan, delete some infections, sent others to the chest. Some, which were file ones, had to be ignored because nothing else would work. I kept getting a 42111 error when I tried to move them to the chest, or a 42060 error when I tried to repair it.

I ran Avast Boot Scan, Super Antispyware and Malwarebytes. Please see attachments to High Jack This and Avast boot scan for results.

I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10, which at times crashes and seems unstable, and Internet Explorer 7. (Some things are inaccessible through Mozilla that aren't with IE7.

Any help will be appreciated. I have been going back and forth via e-mail with a Avast tech, but haven't gotten any results yet, and I was wondering if anyone else had an experience with js treffuc-c trj.

Have a nice weekend.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: What is a js treffuc-c trj, and how do I make it stop?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:21:38 AM »
Well I just visited both links using firefox 3.6.10 and I got no alerts. I navigated around msn and clicked on the alligator video, since I have a slow broadband it took some time loading. During this time firefox crashed, I don't know if it was the shockwave.com/download.jsp page or the msn video link that I was loading.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

karma2m

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 06:29:52 AM »
I've been struggling with the same message for a few weeks, always when I'm reading news on MSN using Firefox.  Been pretty annoying & scans show nothing, so I have no idea if this is a false positive.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »
The scan shouldn't show anything that is the point of the Network and Web Shields they alert and stop the malware getting on to your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 03:13:26 PM »

I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10, which at times crashes and seems unstable, and Internet Explorer 7. (Some things are inaccessible through Mozilla that aren't with IE7.

Update to IE8 as it is more secure and as IE is used in all of Windows it is best to have it as the latest.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/features/safer.aspx

Read about
Windows Explorer is a file manager application that is included with releases of the Microsoft Windows operating system from Windows 95 onwards. It provides a graphical user interface for accessing the file systems. It is also the component of the operating system that presents many user interface items on the monitor such as the taskbar and desktop. Controlling the computer is possible without Windows Explorer running (for example, the File | Run command in Task Manager on NT-derived versions of Windows will function without it, as will commands typed in a command prompt window). It is sometimes referred to as the Windows Shell, explorer.exe, or simply “Explorer”.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Explorer

I would get rid of Ask Toolbar:
O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
plus Adobe Reader:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"