Author Topic: cannot get rid of Trojan  (Read 2182 times)

Blizz

cannot get rid of Trojan
« on: August 06, 2004, 09:50:18 AM »
I have a laptop with Windows XP mobile AMD athlon XP-M 2000+ 1.53 GHz 224 MB or RAM. I have run Spybot S&D, Adaware, and AVAST. I cannot delete WIN32:SdBot-194-B. I read a reply from whocares that suggested deleting internet files and checking offline deletion as well. I rebooted in safe mode and deleted again. I have scanned and turned off system restore so that possibly it would be deleted on restart with no luck. Because of this problem I am unable to connect to the internet. the scan indicates that C:\windows\system32\scrgrd.exe\[UPX] is infected. There are also some files that were corrupted and could not be scanned. What do I do?? This was a grad. present for my daughter so this machine is only 6 weeks old. HELP?!

whocares

Re:cannot get rid of Trojan
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 11:03:25 AM »
Hi,

make sure that ou have all Windowsupdates applied !!
The ones mentioned here:
Symantec

should be applied first, then the rest..

Best apply them OFFLINE, .i.e. without any inet-connection: get them on another, clean PC.
And/or  make sure that the built.in XP-firewall is ENABLED !!! before you next connect to the net..

--> How-to: the above symantec-links contains links to microsoft, where this should be explained, or use Board-search here

Then rescan with avast in safeMode and/or Boot-time scan

also enter the trojan-name into the board-search -> Lots of hits...

and please read the link "VirusRemoval" below in my sig and post a hijackthis-Logfile

;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 11:04:39 AM by whocares »