Author Topic: spam is no working  (Read 18501 times)

elahav

spam is no working
« on: October 01, 2010, 09:20:29 PM »
I have the full version (paid) everything is working o.k accept the SPAM that do not do don’t work at all.    any idea why?

Hermite15

Re: spam is no working
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 09:24:27 PM »
you mean you bought some spam and it doesn't work ???

...okay ;) I suppose you mean that the anti-spam component of Avast doesn't work. What email client are you using?

elahav

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 08:17:02 AM »
sorry, yes , the anti-spam is not working and when i click the blacklist, is not blocking the next same email address.
My email is  client is outlok.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:30:42 PM by elahav »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 08:49:23 AM »
sorry, yes , the anti-spam is not working and when i click the blacklist, is not blocking the next same email address.
My email is *******************.

Never show your email address on any forum site they well sell your email address for spamming, elahav I never hardly used my original email address I only used my true email address to my internet provider (Internet Company). I used gmail as my everyday used email along with Thunderbird it a software very much like MS Outlook Express, which mean I can used my gmail with Thunderbird I believe you can used Hotmail together with Thunderbird.

Elahav if you used hotmail or gmail as part of your everyday used, hotmail and gmail has got automatic spamming control and only used your true email address to my internet provider (Internet Company).

Thunderbird http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

OR you can used Mailwasher Free Spam Filter Software http://www.mailwasher.net/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:55:30 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 09:39:48 AM »
My email is *****.

okay there's a misunderstanding, I asked you which email client, not your email address. Edit your post and hide did or you're gonna get really spammed. So, do you use Thunderbird or Outlook or Windows Live Mail to receive your mails or do you access them with your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox etc...)? If you access them with the browser, the anti-spam module in Avast doesn't interfere obviously, it will only work with email clients...and when I'm saying "work" this is with restrictions except in Outlook. Your best bet is to switch to Gmail or Hotmail as they provide strong anti-spam filters. These filters will be effective whether or not you use a client. As to the Avast anti-spam filter, as far as I'm concerned, I consider it a bit of a joke (except again in Outlook may be), so don't rely on it, as it's mainly meant, except in Outlook, to just apply a "spam" tag and won't move anything to your junk folder.
 For the others more familiar than the OP with email clients, the trick should be to create a filter including the Avast spam tag, but this doesn't work either, as the tag is applied after the mail was received, meaning that filters just don't work with that.

elahav

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 03:43:10 PM »
Thank you for your answers. I am using Outlook for the last 10 years and it will be difficult to change, also I understand (according to your replies) that the Avast should work with it, but it’s not. ??    Anything I can do ?

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 03:58:31 PM »
Thank you for your answers. I am using Outlook for the last 10 years and it will be difficult to change, also I understand (according to your replies) that the Avast should work with it, but it’s not. ??    Anything I can do ?

It up to you if you want to stay where you are using Outlook and it better to install Mailwasher free to filter out all your spamming problem, or it time to change to a better a feature as Logos said.

Keep in mind you can still using thunderbird accessing email with with your original email internal provider all in one along with gmail or hotmail because they both have a strong anti-spam filters.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:04:08 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Hermite15

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
Thank you for your answers. I am using Outlook for the last 10 years and it will be difficult to change, also I understand (according to your replies) that the Avast should work with it, but it’s not. ??    Anything I can do ?

okay, so as said Outlook is actually the email client the Avast spam filter is supposed to work with properly... try to play with the options in Avast, and in Outlook too... I don't use Outlook so I cannot help a lot. I know there's a plugin in Outlook that interferes with Avast but I just don't remember what it is exactly..could be related to archives or something, in order to allow the scanning by an AV.
 Are you using ssl? besides, you didn't tell if your mails were properly scanned by Avast mail shield?

edit: try to disable this plugin and see how things go then...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:38:05 PM by Logos »

elahav

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 06:29:35 PM »
THANKS
That was the problem. Once I enable the  plugin in Outlook ,it’s working.  YE YE YE...
Thank again.
For another question.    The Avast delete (every scan) the user name and password for few web site that I am allow it.    Do you know were can I enable the passwords in Avast?