Author Topic: ? need help on avast sounds that does updates  (Read 3761 times)

gamesfan

? need help on avast sounds that does updates
« on: October 09, 2010, 01:15:31 PM »
hi every one. im useing avast internet security latesty version the 1 with the firewall on. how can i change the female voice to the pirate voice on here ive been into sounds i see the 1 box checked to enable sounds. but cant see anything to change the female voice into the male voice that does the updates its a pirate voice ive heared u can change it on here but not sure how to do this thx.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: ? need help on avast sounds that does updates
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
Disable the self defense module (Troubleshooting tab of settings).
Replace the files with the ones you desire.

C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\sounds
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: ? need help on avast sounds that does updates
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 03:30:49 PM »
hi every one. im useing avast internet security latesty version the 1 with the firewall on. how can i change the female voice to the pirate voice on here ive been into sounds i see the 1 box checked to enable sounds. but cant see anything to change the female voice into the male voice that does the updates its a pirate voice ive heared u can change it on here but not sure how to do this thx.

The pirate voice is an additional language pack that you need to install.

From the avastUI, Settings, Language, Install additional languages. From that select Pirate Talk, once this is downloaded it should be selected as the default. If not Just click the Languages drop down list and select it. At any point later you can change it to any of the installed language packs you have installed.

This doesn't only change the voice but other UI aspects.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security