Author Topic: Scan Threat  (Read 46986 times)

AKatRT

Re: Scan Threat
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »
Thank you, I'll mull it over. But again, we are up and running so I'm happy. No possibility of a donation to thank you for the help? I'd gladly comply! You guys are great. Otherwise I'll leave you in peace now and you can rescue others.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »
Just keep passing the news about avast to others who might benefit from it and the support you received.

Support is often something not considered when selecting your AV, until you have a problem that is ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

AKatRT

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »
So true and I will spread the word. You and your team colleagues are exceptional. Till the next time (but not for a while I hope.......). Thanks.

AKatRT

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 04:17:58 PM »
A final word. Perhaps of interest for future cases, the original symptom, the original threat detected by Avast, is still there when doing the Avast scan; and Avast continues to be unable to move, repair or delete. But I'm ignoring it hoping we have killed the threat somehow and Avast is simply 'confused'...... FYI.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 09:45:10 PM »
A final word. Perhaps of interest for future cases, the original symptom, the original threat detected by Avast, is still there when doing the Avast scan; and Avast continues to be unable to move, repair or delete. But I'm ignoring it hoping we have killed the threat somehow and Avast is simply 'confused'...... FYI.
You are still getting alerts from Avast ?  In that case I would assess that there is still something there

Download avz4.zip from here
  • Unzip it to your desktop to a folder named avz4
  • Double click on AVZ.exe to run it.
  • Run an update by clicking the Auto Update button on the Right of the Log window:
  • Click Start to begin the update
Note: If you recieve an error message, chose a different source, then click Start again

• Start AVZ.
  • Choose from the menu "File" => "Standard scripts " and mark the "Advanced System Analysis with Malware removal mode enabled " check box.

• Click on the “Execute selected scripts”.
  • Automatic scanning, healing and system check will be executed.
  • A logfile (avz_sysinfo.htm) will be created and saved in the LOG folder in the AVZ directory as virusinfo_syscure.zip.
  • It is necessary to reboot your machine, because AVZ might disturb some program operations (like antiviruses and firewall) during the system scan.
  • All applications will work properly after the system restart.
When restarted

• Start AVZ.
  • Choose from the menu "File" => "Standard scripts " and mark the “Advanced System Analysis " check box.

• Click on the "Execute selected scripts".
  • A system check will be automatically performed, and the created logfile (avz_sysinfo.htm) will be saved in the LOG folder in the AVZ directory as virusinfo_syscheck.zip.
Attach both virusinfo_syscure.zip and virusinfo_syscheck.zip to your next post

AKatRT

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 04:59:33 AM »
Found out this morning that indeed all is not well. On start-up from sleep mode had a funny looking screen. And all of a sudden using my (HP) printer in wireless mode does not work anymore. Had to print via USB. Have to travel today but will do as you suggest as soon as I can and let you know. Thanks.

AKatRT

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 02:35:02 PM »
On the AVZ4, was unable to get the screens you show. Instead was able to get something called AVZ Antiviral Toolkit going. It is running a scan now. Hope this will amount to the same. Travelled to the planet's other hemisphere - thus struggling a bit with response timing. But continue to appreciate your help. 

Mannix99

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
Sorry to "hijack" "lend" this thread, but is the Win32:Enistery virus dangerous? What kind of "virus" is it?
I got it in many of my *.tmp files on my harddrive in my Temp folder, but i started in "Safe mode" and deleted the whole contents in the temp folder on all the accounts on my computer. Then i ran Spyware doctor and it found a high grade Virus/Trojan which i deleted, in "Safe mode". So what "kind" of virus is this? Anything to worry about? Keylogger or what? Sorry again for posting... I Have a clean system now :D

I have win xp home sp3
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:14:09 PM by Mannix99 »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:43 PM »
On the AVZ4, was unable to get the screens you show. Instead was able to get something called AVZ Antiviral Toolkit going. It is running a scan now. Hope this will amount to the same. Travelled to the planet's other hemisphere - thus struggling a bit with response timing. But continue to appreciate your help. 
OK looks like they changed the programme I will download a new copy and play

AKatRT

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2010, 02:58:07 AM »
Ran AVZ4 once and it did not detect anything. Then I realized I could enhance the settings - and so I did. It has now been running again for a while and it appears to now find bad files. I will advise when the scan has completed.

AKatRT

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2010, 12:05:54 PM »
Update -> scan still running, program got stuck during the night and runs a long time. Will advise.

AKatRT

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »
Looks like it is quarantining stuff - but appears to take for ever.....

AKatRT

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2010, 05:00:58 PM »
Had to abandon whatever AVZ4 was doing, system got bogged down. Until it came to a virtual standstill, it reported 'proces masking detected' and it reported quarantining due to 'suspicion of IM-Flooding'. I will try something else later and see if it will run at normal speed.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »
IM flooding means it has detected a stealth network connection

You can run this programme from safe mode

AKatRT

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
I ran a system analysis, But the log is in htm and I cannot upload.