Author Topic: Scan Threat  (Read 47008 times)

AKatRT

Re: Scan Threat
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2010, 03:28:24 PM »
Just for info, when accessing the problem reports feature in Windows, it would indicate that in the background problems have been occuring over the past period. But these problems (except for the odd IE close) have not been visible to me. Thanks.

AKatRT

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2010, 07:59:34 PM »
Further info, a full scan by DrWebCureit found trojan.blackmailer virus. Moved to quarantine. Wonder why the problems persist and why avast is not picking it up?

AKatRT

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2010, 03:26:51 PM »
Ran MBAM, ran TFC, in addition to Cureit; have spywareblaster installed, but problem not resolved. Windows Back-up not possible. Plse help. Thanks. 

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2010, 09:48:02 PM »
Was an error generated whilst doing the back up ?

AKatRT

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:12 AM »
No, no error message. The status window indicates the back-up is running but the usual status bar indicating progress is not visible. Then the back-up just terminates. Am on the road all day today - diificult to respond; but can work any suggestions you may still have tomorrow or late this evening. Thank you.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2010, 10:00:27 PM »
Are you backing up to your C or E drive ?

AKatRT

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »
I'm backing up to CD Drive F.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »
What size is the CD and how large is the backup - as the disc may not be big enough

AKatRT

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
No idea, but that's not the problem I believe. The process is that back-up data is first generated and only later, after it has done that, it asks to insert the CD/DVD (DVD in my case). But this very first phase of data gathering / generation it does not seem able to properly initiate. Normallly a status bar prvides progress for this phase - now no status bar is visible. It does request however that the computer be plugged in - it won't run on battery powwer - and this the correct message that I would expect. Hope this info is of use. Thanks.   

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »
Could you locate the following log please %windir%\logs\windowsbackup\

Also is Avast running whilst you backup - as it may be reading files that are trying to backup

AKatRT

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
I looked for the log with IExplorer and with the search feature in the Start menu, and could not find.

I attempted back-up with Avast disabled and got no results. Just for info, in the past this had also not been an issue.

All bad news I guess?

AKatRT

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2010, 04:39:41 PM »
I keep running virus checks and Avast keeps missing them and DrWebCureit keeps identifying viruses (but am not so sure it actually eliminates them - although it says it does). Again Trojan Blackmailer 1680 - now in C:\Documents and Settings\korporaal\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\NetDeviceManage0.exe. -> cure action ,plus then,  C:\Documents and Settings\korporaal\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\NetDeviceManage0.exe -> cannot cure -> move to quarantine. Same actions for C:\Documents and Settings\korporaal\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\netdevicemanager.exe. Still running now.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »
They are all in the Dr Web quarantine folder - delete that and they will go

I will see if I can find a solution that does not require me to see the log

AKatRT

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2010, 08:53:51 AM »
Thank you. I have attached the log just in case. Thanks for being willing to continue to try to get rid of this thing. Had been trying to send this earlier, yesterday, but Forum difficult to get on to and send a reply - slow, kept getting timed out.

Still having probems so will now try and send without the log.

AKatRT

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2010, 08:57:59 AM »
That worked. With log attached does not work - so would have to upload log file. Let me know please if indeed you do require. Thanks.