Author Topic: Boot time scan error!  (Read 2585 times)

yongsua

Boot time scan error!
« on: October 19, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
Hi,I have a friend who used avast! boot time scan to scanned his pc.But when boot time scan is running and scanning about two three minutes,his pc suddenly automatically restarted by itself.When his computer finished start up,he saw a error message:

Run Dll 'X' Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\splog.log
The specified module could not be read.

Besides,i think that because he used China antivirus previously,so I advised him to change his antivirus to Avast!.Before he using Avast!boot time scan to scan his pc,he already used Malwarebytes Anti-malware to scanned his pc andfound 32 viruses in his pc.Finally,I think that because of severe attack of virus in his computer may caused this issue.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Boot time scan error!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 05:16:12 PM »
Your right you cant have two av's on the machine at the same time so there is no doubt in my mind this is what caused you friend's problem. Plus the virus's wouldn't help.

yongsua

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »
So may i know that is there any method to repair the dll error ?

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

Besides,i think that because he used China antivirus previously,so I advised him to change his antivirus to Avast!.

Did your friend completely remove that Chinese AV? Any parts of it left behind could be contributing to the problem.