Author Topic: need help to remove virus...newfolder10  (Read 1947 times)

anand_parsns

need help to remove virus...newfolder10
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:32:49 AM »
Friends,
I received a message in my google chat software directing to a link...on opening it i have been facing problems...the chat software opens itself and enters similar messages in chat contacts...provide me a solution to get rid of it...

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: need help to remove virus...newfolder10
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 08:56:06 AM »
I am not very familiar with IM programs, but there should be some settings that you can do so that you only recive messages from those in your contact list ?.....

also check for malware with this

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.46 http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
always run update before you scan so you have the latest database
click on the remove selected button to quarantine anything found
if anything is found you may post the scan log here

report back....

anand_parsns

thank u
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »
Thank u...
Installed malwarebytes...the scan removed 2 infected files....dono if they are the current one or were present in the system previously...It says no malacious threat found...anyway thanks a lot...the problem has stopped nw...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: need help to remove virus...newfolder10
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:18:25 PM »
Please post the contents of the first MBAM scan log (that detected something) as requested. It helps us to get an idea what it found and if there might be something else to do.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security