Author Topic: (Resolved) Having A Slight Problem with AIS 5.0.677 !  (Read 6081 times)

dukwhunter

(Resolved) Having A Slight Problem with AIS 5.0.677 !
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:06:42 AM »
Hi Guys,
        I am currently having a problem with AIS 5.0.677 . When i boot up my computer and it gets to the desktop it shows that all shields are disabled , after about 10-15 seconds they come back on by themselves . I use to use Avast 5 Free & Online armor Firewall Free , but recently switched to AIS 5.0.677 because of the sand-boxing feature and script-shield . Plus i like having all on my security in one place !!!  :)  I thoroughly removed all traces of Avast free & Online Armor free before installing AIS 5.0.677 . I am also running windows firewall as suggested on this Forum. Does anyone have  a suggestion as to why the AIS are doing this on startup ? Thanks for any help in this matter!

regards
                                               JOEY
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:15:03 AM by dukwhunter »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Having A Slight Problem with AIS 5.0.677 !
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:07:19 AM »
I can't be sure, never having used it, but it could well be something to do with running more than one firewall (Avasts' and OA) at the same time.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

dukwhunter

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 05:11:03 AM »
Thanks for the comment , but i completely removed all traces of Online Armor Free before installing Avast internet security 5.0.677 ! Got any other idea's of what's causing this ? 

Thanks
                                          JOEY

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 05:32:36 AM »
Thanks for the comment , but i completely removed all traces of Online Armor Free before installing Avast internet security 5.0.677 ! Got any other idea's of what's causing this ?
Not really, but maybe a thing to try (from the OA Fixes Page) is to re-install OA, reboot into safe mode, and uninstall it from safe.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 06:31:45 AM »
You could try it with the window's firewall off. Also could you please go to device manager and click view/ show hidden devices and i bet there are still some online armour drivers sitting in there, i found two left over drivers in there after deleting OA.

dukwhunter

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 07:12:14 AM »
Hi Guys  ,
       I turned off windows firewall but it didn't seem to make any difference . Also went to device manager and looked to see if there were any remnants of OA Firewall Drivers , but didn't see anything named OA or Tallemu . I uninstalled AIS 5.0.677 rebooted & ran CCleaner , WinASO & Eusing registry cleaners to remove all remnants , Then rebooted agin and reinstalled AIS 5.0.677 again .  The problem seems to have subsided for the moment . I will repost on this thread if it starts up again .

thanks
                                                                                  JOEY

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 12:36:23 PM »
Sorry to be repetitive, but I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

dansorin

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 02:36:40 PM »
I have the same "problem" with avast free (latest). when the computer boots up, the avast icon shows the status "disabled", then after ~5 seconds it shows "attention" and after another ~5 seconds everything is ok. I found out that the web-shield and mail-shield are starting a little bit later. but this is no problem for me, because the PPPoE connection also needs some time to be established.

dukwhunter

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 07:07:40 PM »
Hi Tech ,
         I did as you instructed above , but the program/shields still keep showing disabled at start up and will turn on by themselves after about 10-15 seconds !!!  Got any other suggestions ?

Thanks
                                                               JOEY

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »
but the program/shields still keep showing disabled at start up and will turn on by themselves after about 10-15 seconds !!!                                                               
That's perfectly normal. The services are set to manual start when necessary. It's ok.
You can check your startup items with Startup Delayer and with Soluto, both freewares.
The best things in life are free.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 08:33:50 AM »
Ccleaner will also show you a list of your start up's and if there are any that dont need to be on at startup you can disable them ( ie printer, tv tuner) it is safe to disable from startup such things as they will start automaticaly when you use that program. You can also check other startup's that may not be needed here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

dukwhunter

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »
Hi Guys ,
         Thanks for your info & help , but i have decided to go back to using Avast Anti-Virus Free 5.0.677 & Online Armor Free 4.5.0.234 as i have been using them together for the past year and haven't had any problems with them !

Thanks
                                                                        JOEY

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »
Thanks for posting back, I imagine you'll be pretty happy - and well protected - with the combo, but if you ever change your mind, revisit the thread. Try a few of the other suggestions out or see if someone has any more ideas.

It shouldn't be a problem. As Tech mentioned, it isn't actually a problem, as the Avast services are loaded before the icon show "normal", but yeah, I'd probably find that a bit of a distraction myself.

SafeSurf

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
Hi dukwhunter (Joey),

I am familiar with both Avast and OA.  Since you will be reinstalling OA, I suggest the following:

The best way to exclude both OA and your AV is the following:

1.  Make exclusions during installation of OA.

To exclude OA in Avast:
- Open the Avast GUI > Settings > Exclusions > Add > click on the pop-up window and find C:\Program Files\Online Armor* and click on the BOX to the left of the words (this excludes all subfolders as well).

To exclude Avast in OA:
- Open the OA GUI > Options > Exclusions > Add > click on the pop-up window and find C:\Program Files\Awil Software\ (for Avast).
- If you have other security software, you can also include them in OA the same way.

2.  When you reboot OA (to go into Learning Mode), make sure ALL Avast shields are left on.

3.  Reboot your machine again; OA requires two boots.  After this second reboot, you will get a pop-up asking you if you trust Avast.  Answer the pop-up as "Trust Always" and "Remember My Decision" and you should not get any more pop-ups.  Answer incorrectly and you will get future pop-ups.

4.  Open the OA GUI > Programs > untick "Hide Trusted" so that you can see everything > look to make sure everything from Avast is not "blocked" (red) or "ask" (yellow).  If it is, right-click the item and change it to "Trust."  Reboot.

5.  Open the OA GUI > Options > Backup/Restore > Save your settings once you have everything the way you want it.  :)

dukwhunter

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 06:22:42 PM »
Hi Safesurf ,
              Thanks for the info & suggestions on Avast Free & Online Armor Free . Have reinstalled both and they are working in perfect harmony .

best regards
                                                          JOEY