Author Topic: resolved  (Read 8245 times)

stransky

Re: some help please avast v IE8
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:53 PM »
Thanks safesurf
how do i disable firewall then reconnect it????????
i have trolled my AIS till my eyes hurt,looking for anything blocked and it all looks ok,other than my log file which reports (short version) port 443 blocked,and shows this in the log file each time,i have attempted connection to what i think is the internet,yet this is not blocked when i go to the application rule. 

hi Tech
this pc is virtually brand new, 2 1/2 months old
when i got it, it had wind 7 64 bit
so obviously had windows firewall

the 1st application i applied was AIS,  not trial version
down loaded it applied licence
the 2nd application i downloaded was malwarebytes

these are the only two main protecton apps appart from windows firewall that iam running
obviously after these apps i have applied other programs but no other antivirus programs
i did download advancesystemcare3 but have been using this since i got pc with no issuies
i was using IE8 but during this thread changed to chrome to see if that would fix the problem but to no avail,did exactly the same as when i was using IE8
the only way i can get internet is to stop websheild
as i said i had been using AIS with no issuies for about 2 1/2 months then i think after a avast update, i couldnt access internet.
i have stopped windows firewall, to see if there was a conflict with that and AIS but this made no differance.
i have done full virus scan and full malware scan with nothing found

thanks again for your help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
Which one? avast or Windows?

these are the only two main protecton apps appart from windows firewall that iam running
You're running two firewalls... they could conflict.

i did download advancesystemcare3 but have been using this since i got pc with no issuies
ASC is a piece of ... problems... of a non trustable company...

i have stopped windows firewall, to see if there was a conflict with that and AIS but this made no differance.
Are you using Microsoft MSE?
The best things in life are free.

SafeSurf

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 11:28:58 PM »
i did download advancesystemcare3
This is the first time you mentioned that you had ASC.  Do you have any other security software that you have installed?  Is your ASC Pro version?

This could be the problem as some versions of ASC contain an AV as well, and you cannot run 2 AV's on a machine at the same time.  Please uninstall ASC per the vendor's instructions, then reboot

NOTE:  After uninstalling, ASC often contains remnants behind so you will need to go into Safe Mode > Search > type in "ASC" and delete any files that appear.  Repeat the same procedure but type in "Advanced System Care."  If in doubt of a file, right-click it > Properties to see if it belongs to ASC.

I can't tell you how many users we have had with problems with ASC and once it is uninstalled, their machines work again.  It could have been an update with ASC that caused the problem, but I don't know.  The only way to find out is to uninstall it, and reboot and let's see what happens.

stransky

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 05:31:46 AM »
sorry safesurf, :'( honestly didnt think that ASC would be an issuie,but will unistall as per your instructions, best we attempt this option 1st before a waste Techs time.Will do this later in the week as iam currently away.

tech
1/avast firewall
2/i have turned windows firewall of to see if it made a differance ,which it didnt
3/no iam not running Microsoft MSE

SafeSurf

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 06:54:07 AM »
I will await your return to work on the uninstall of ASC to see if this resolves your problem.  In the meantime, see below and check for this:

Does AIS allow avastSvc.exe internet access?
- If it does delete the entry for it and reconnect to the internet, this should force the firewall to ask permission again.

stransky

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 08:35:31 AM »
well i called in home ,before i left, and just had to attempt what you said safesurf,as the wrist cuts were becoming to great, ;D

and guess what deleted ASC checked in safe mode rebooted and i can now access internet
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
my apologies to you for not mentioning ASC the thought never occurred to me.
have i learnt a lesson from this 2 weeks of frustration,you bet ya ass i have.
the most important one is that you guys backed up a product to the end. ie avast.
i have always known it was good and this proves it ie your help.
again i cant thank you enough for your time perseverance and patience.

1 pallet of beer on its way to you ;D

ps Tech is most probably going OMG what a noob that guy is lol

thanks safesurf

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: some help please avast v IE8
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 08:39:09 AM »
I'm so glad your machine is now working!  :D :D :D 

Now that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you again for allowing me to assist you.  :)