Author Topic: Is there a trial version?  (Read 8850 times)

Misaki2010

Re: Is there a trial version?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 10:02:27 PM »
I reinstalled the suite to make print screens to show you the problem with more details. Here is the install error:

The debug info is here -> I made a copy in a .txt file -> http://www.sendspace.com/file/shjv9u -> and here are the installed software errors!

P.S.: I tried those proxy settings (and I don't use any proxy by default on my system) this has never happened to me... I connect to internet by a username and a password...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:11:01 PM by Misaki2010 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
Please, upload (attach) the avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log
(or the shorter C:\Users\All Users\Alwil Software\Avast5\log\Setup.log).

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.
The best things in life are free.

Misaki2010

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 10:28:11 PM »
Please, upload (attach) the avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log
(or the shorter C:\Users\All Users\Alwil Software\Avast5\log\Setup.log).

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.

here is the C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log - I deleted some of the text from the beginning because it was to big to upload.

superdaddy

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 06:08:10 AM »
Thanks Misaki for posting the pictures.  This is the exact same issue I had on 2 separate computers that I attempted to describe.  I appreciate you putting it in pictures so everyone can see. 

DavidR, I appreciate what you are saying.  Yes, I can run the program without activating and without virus updates.  But, that leaves me unprotected from zero day threats.  That's the point.  And if that's how the trial period works, you should really set expectations differently in the product and on the website.  If you state something will behave a certain way and it doesn't, this confuses and frustrates customers.  Or, just state the obvious and say that the current product has a bug when trying to activate the trial period, tell people you are working on it and then everyone will understand.  If you Google, the same thing happened a year or two ago.

And as for the comments about expiring trial periods...  I am not trying to run the full product for more than 30 days, trying to get it for free.  I installed it for the first time on 11/6/2010.  Up to then, I had been running another vendor's product for a couple of years.  I do not expect or want a free key.  I started this thread because the iYogi folks were very rude and unhelpful, and because I never got a response from the support case I submitted.  Just wanted to try the product.  At this point though, there are too many choices and my time too precious.  Time to move on, last post.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 11:05:36 AM »
Code: [Select]
22:51:56 min/gen  Return code: 0x2000001A [The license for this product is invalid or has expired].
2000000A error means there is another instance of updater running. It seems that the previous instance hanged. Check the log (avast4\setup\setup.log). 2000001A error means the license key is invalid or expired. Please: a) Check your system date and time. b) The Registration key is valid for 14 months. Has this period expired? Register again (for free).

Click on Maintenance, than Registration for online registering.
1) Open Avast.
2) Click on "Maintenance" then "Registration".
3) Fill out the form for your license key and click "Submit".

Inserting the license key into: avast! Free Antivirus, avast! Pro Antivirus and avast! Internet Security.
The best things in life are free.

Misaki2010

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 07:21:27 PM »
I fixed the problem (thanks for the hint with the correct date), I made the date to 08/06/2010 and requested the trial license than switched back to 08/11/2010 and updated, and for the moment it worked, thank you for the support, can't wait for the end of the month to acquire my license :D Have a nice day!