Author Topic: [RESOLVED] AVAST UI  (Read 4549 times)

jingga

[RESOLVED] AVAST UI
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:08:52 AM »
i install avast on my laptop but by mistake i delete the registry using regedit and want to uninstall the avast but i won't. when i open the regedit again it still appear in software alwil but when i want to delete it won't it write that cannot delete the key. so every time i start using my laptop it is always appear in the startup AVAST UI: failed to load language dll[0/UILangRes.dll]

please help me, i'm using hp mini

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:55:00 AM by jingga »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: AVAST UI
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 01:11:03 AM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

jingga

Re: AVAST UI
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:34:35 AM »
it works!! thank you so much for your help

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: AVAST UI
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »
Hello jingga,

I'm glad to hear that everything is working for you.  And welcome to the forum.  :)

Now that your issue is resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.