Author Topic: [Resolved] Win32:Trojan-gen found  (Read 25079 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Win32:Trojan-gen found
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2010, 09:45:48 AM »
We usually recommend that you keep your machine running for a good 24 – 48 hours after malware removal to make sure everything is working properly and give it a good test drive.  After this period, please report back in this thread to let us know how things are going (good or bad).
I'm checking in with you to see how your machine is running since it has been a few days for you to test it since the malware removal and clean up.  Please let us know how things are going.  If you are still having issues, please let us know.

If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you. :)

janeyb

Re: Win32:Trojan-gen found
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2010, 09:40:45 PM »
Hi,
Sorry i've not replied, I've been away for a while.

Will update profile etc and look at the last few comments for improving things.

Since all of this the problem laptop has been sorted.  However, it would appear my laptop possibly has a virus.  My son was using the machine whilst we were away and I don't know whether he's updated MWB, but it seems somethings got in there to stop that updating.  Avast has picked up something and put it in the chest, but not sure what I need to do with it now.

Anyway, will update this post and post another on a new problem!!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: [Resolved] Win32:Trojan-gen found
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »
Do you want me to have a looksee at the other problem laptop ?

janeyb

Re: [Resolved] Win32:Trojan-gen found
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2010, 09:57:51 PM »
The words 'grateful' and 'yes please' spring to mind :)  Have posted a separate thread about it!