Author Topic: Programs that may behave differently in Windows XP  (Read 12611 times)

inthewildteam

Re:Programs that may behave differently in Windows XP
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 02:24:50 AM »
No, you can't go off-topic, even if you want that  ;D ... everything that we talk about in these forums is anything but off-topic. All those things are very important for understanding everything that is going on around us. You're right, in my opinion too, SP2 didn't bring us anything revolutionary (or evolutionary if you like)... it looks more like better patch than SP1 for people that just starts to use computers and don't know much about security or they know, but they don't wanna bother (which is very wrong)...

Anyway, I really don't have problems with SP2 since I installed it. Everything works just like Swiss clock... ;D and that's why I'm happy. We'll see what future brings us... I hope all the best, but I'm sure everything is going right way to better and brighter looking OS era... slow, but at least it's moving forward...

Cheers !

Great reply!

If our short discussion has sent some searching for further information ....even better!

I'll wait before getting the update, but am pleased that your machine is working OK after SP2.

As an aside, I'm sure these forums will grow on the basis of informed and friendly exchange of ideas.   :)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Programs that may behave differently in Windows XP
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 02:34:10 AM »
If our short discussion has sent some searching for further information ....even better!

That's for sure, and we all are here to solve some problems or at least to start some questions... can't get any answer if you don't ask... right ? It's always good thing to search and explore...

I'll wait before getting the update, but am pleased that your machine is working OK after SP2.

That's very clever. I was thinking exactly the same way one week ago, but since I have two computers (thanks to my precious wife, hehe) I've decided to install SP2 on one of them just to check how it works... however, I always make system backups (every second week), so I thought if something goes terribly wrong, I can always just restore one of my backups... safe play  ;D

But, since everything works great, I have updated my other system with SP2 as well... I'm really happy 'cause verything works really smooth.

As an aside, I'm sure these forums will grow on the basis of informed and friendly exchange of ideas.

It was always like that and I'm sure it will be... that's what separates avast! forums from all other forums... help, help, help, but friendship in the first place  :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 02:35:27 AM by .: SZC :. »