Author Topic: PDA Update while roaming  (Read 7942 times)

av-outsource

PDA Update while roaming
« on: August 16, 2004, 12:05:40 PM »
Hi How can the avast! on the PDA update via GPRS while out travelling? Please give me some instructions on this.

many thanks ;D

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re:PDA Update while roaming
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 10:30:42 AM »
Hello, set up your PDA to receive web pages, avast will detect your internet settings and it will share it. You can update your PDA manually (click on "Update Now" button in avast settings - while your "Auto-Update" checkbox will not be checked) or check "Auto-Update" and let avast to update itself (inet connection is checked every 1-4 mins (ping command), if success (and no new version is available), next version checking will be done after 4hours.

av-outsource

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 12:03:48 AM »
Thank you for your information  ;D

av-outsource

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 04:42:31 PM »
Hello Again.

The auto-update is not available while roaming on a Palm Tungsten T3. see comments below.

As for the feedback below - Thats all fine BUT I dont have a Update now
or Auto-update option on the PDA?
I'm using Avast version 4.1 with a Palm Tungsten T3 - I dont have a
serial key - its running in demo mode at the moment - that could be
why.??  

Please help ;D

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 05:54:03 PM »
There're two versions of PDA AV (one for PocketPC/HPC/Smartphone devices and 2nd one for Palm) and you were interested in Palm, so sorry for my misunderstanding. This platform is little different and the only way how to update it is from Windows-based updater (http://files.avast.com/iavs4pro/setuppdapalm.exe), it hides itself to your tray and checks for the updates automatically, when your Palm will be connected to DesktopPC, it will transfer the new version to your device.