Author Topic: avast can't get rid of url:mal from wxw.cikh71ynks66.xcm which avast blocked.  (Read 16046 times)

PaCKINheAT

Just got a blue screen after i ran combofix a second time. assumed it was cause avast shields were running
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:08:10 PM by PaCKINheAT »

yongsua

This is really an unknown site.What is the vendor of this website.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Try cleaning your temp files

TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

did it work ?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
The reason for avast detecting as soon as you open your browser might be for 2 reasons :

1. The home page is set to that site or
2. If you have speed dials installed which connects as soon as you open the browser.

Let us know.

PaCKINheAT

-correction- when i go on firefox homepage. search for something and click a link. then it pops up and redirects me.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Some thing's not cooking good. Time for essexboy. I have msg'd him. He will be here soon, make sure you obey him :)

PaCKINheAT

ok

PaCKINheAT

i found some questionable files that i think may have something to do with it. but scans say its clean.

PaCKINheAT

speed dials is not installed and the homepage is set to the firefox homepage

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Hi there do you also get redirects in IE ?

Download OTL  to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
Userinit.exe
svchost.exe
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
THEN

Please read carefully and follow these steps. 
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop.
  • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

• If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

• If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

• It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

• If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

PaCKINheAT

yes it does redirect in IE. and when im using firefox and not IE. IE will popup at random time on a blank page.  i recently found a file in the computers recovery drive called info.exe (original file name starturl.exe, creator xss, made in germany) and in the windows folder a zip folder called ubd.txt containing various malicious infected ips. theres about 20-40 sites in it. and before the ips are listed it shows 20-40 legitimate sites with a weird code at the end ex. wxww.youtube.xom^^10365^^^^1^0^0^0^0^0^0^0^0^0^0^0^none^-1^0^^. each ending is different. my main concern is if the two are related. also i found d:\autorun.inf with this code [AUTORUN]
SHELLEXECUTE=Info.exe folder.htt 480 480. when i click the info.exe i found the it brings up the blank IE page about 30 seconds later. do these have anything to do with my problem possibly. or is it something clean or infected?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
If you could run the programmes and then attach the logs I will be able to figure it out  ;D

PaCKINheAT

ok. will do in about 2 hours. im mobile right now. i have otl on the computer in previous trys just to let ya know

PaCKINheAT

here is the logs. extra.txt for otl was not found.

PaCKINheAT

seems to have gotten rid of my problem. but after about 5 minutes after reboot. i got a avast message saying "suspicious files found. detected using a heuristic method. may be a sign of malware and please allow to be submitted to the virus lab for analysis. the file name system32\drivers\klmd.sys. what did that come from. it hasnt pop ed up before.