Author Topic: IS THIS LEGITE or a SCAM  (Read 4889 times)

AA55US

IS THIS LEGITE or a SCAM
« on: August 20, 2004, 06:39:36 PM »
hello all,hope you are well & ok, this was posted on another technicle help site/forum, has anyone else seen or heard about this,(about 30-40 pple are trying to get an answer to this, I have written the company sales dept, and hope they will let us know,,
a cole of pple tried to email this poster & their email ""nounced/return,,,If anyone-from company  knows plz let others know,,"Thank U",,,"AA"
-----------------------
Author
wwwtune-upcom
anonymous
5.xx.194.pldt.net

Free Download - Tune-Up Utilities 2004
Greetings,

In order to thank all of the users of BroadBandReports.com for giving a huge attention to our product we are giving the members of Broadband Reports.com a EXCLUSIVE LIMITED SITE LICENSE for our award winning product TuneUp Utilities 2004.

You may download the Trial Version of our software directly at »tuneup.swmirror.com/TU2004TrialEN.exe and the use the “EXCLUSIVE SITE LICENSE REGISTRATION for Members of BroadBandReports” information below.

EDITED BY A MOD, SOMEHOW I DON'T BELIEVE IT IS LEGIT will post information back after checking, stay tuned.....

We are giving out this for FREE in recognition for the never ending support on the products of TuneUp Software GmbH.

If you have any questions and or comments feel free to contact me up at TiborSchiemann@tune-up.com and for customer service at tu2004@tune-up.com

Thank you.

Tibor Schiemann
Managing director
TuneUp Software GmbH
Donnersbergring 22
64295 Darmstadt
Germany

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:IS THIS LEGITE or a SCAM
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 12:47:54 AM »
Aside from the fact that this should be in the off-topic forum.

A quick Google search should have been able to answer your question. It returned literally 1000s of hits, these are just two of them.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/12/2/12-2-108.shtml
http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,39025604,39075499s,00.htm

So it would appear that the company and software exist (legit ???). These download sites offer a free trial, but not free, that would appear to be due to the limited statement.
In order to thank all of the users of BroadBandReports.com for giving a huge attention to our product we are giving the members of Broadband Reports.com a EXCLUSIVE LIMITED SITE LICENSE for our award winning product TuneUp Utilities 2004.

So unless you are a user of BroadBandReports.com you won't get for free and if you are I would have thought your first port of enquiry would have been BroadBandReports.com ??? which should have cleared this up (and I see nothing about it in the BroadBandReports.com home page) - unless my suspicious mind sees a blatent plug, just me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 12:50:42 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

inthewildteam

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 12:50:23 AM »
Don't know if this helps or not, but majorgeeks and zdnet both host downloads for this.  It seems to cost $39.99

Does Germany have an equivalent to our (United Kingdom) companies house, where you can do an online search about company details?  If so, perhaps some details could be gained there about start up date of company, directors, accounts due etc.

My German isn't up to searching about it, but there seems to be a German (.de) and (.com) site for this software, but if the 2 are the same I can't say.

Already answered by DavidR
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 12:52:12 AM by inthewildteam »

cousindave

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 01:21:56 AM »
I too saw this post at BBR.
It's being looked into,but the general consensus is that there is something fishy about this offer.
I use TuneUp Utilities and it's a great program.
Still,I'd steer clear of this offer for now.

inthewildteam

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 01:28:08 AM »
I agre with DavidR, perhaps a re-seller at best, perhaps something else?  I think it's off topic in it's current state.

Not to say that it doesn't bear some investigation though, but perhaps not here.

Might be best to throw it to the mods to choose?

AA55US

Apology to all,
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 06:02:24 PM »
hello everyone, I apologize to all, about the post, 9didn't know which forum to post in) & yes have broadband,
take care ok, "AA"