Author Topic: Avast "Welcome Voice" sucks big time = uninstalled for good  (Read 9080 times)

flopp99

Avast "Welcome Voice" sucks big time = uninstalled for good
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:57:37 PM »
Just want to let you know that the reason I immediately uninstalled Avast again is that there was this dumb female voice when the installation finished, saying "Welcome to Avast". It was about 3 am in the morning and I have turned off all OS sounds. Suddenly out of nowhere this loud voice. I got startled and pissed off. Immediately uninstalled that crap software again. Fuck the developers. What were they thinking when making this installer?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast "Welcome Voice" sucks big time = uninstalled for good
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:04:38 PM »
Had you spent more than five minutes with the program you would no doubt have found how to disable the sounds.

You really are ditching a great AV over something so trivial and correctable I'm at a loss for words. I hope you find a solution that doesn't upset you so.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »
It was about 3 am in the morning and I have turned off all OS sounds. Suddenly out of nowhere this loud voice. I got startled and pissed off.

Hi flopp99: I can understand that voice coming out of nowhere....but after further reflection, I hope you don't deprive yourself out of an extremely powerful and effective Secuity Software Program that is FREE no less....and I might add the PRO version is even better for added protection and Process Virtualization Module.
Hope your day got better. ;)

Silk0

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »
I don't understand this people... really...

Flopp99: Getting all angry and mad and only because of one voice? Odd...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 05:37:26 PM »
I don't understand this people... really...
Flopp99: Getting all angry and mad and only because of one voice? Odd...

+1
Strange to find a problem, where none exists... ::)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

swarnava

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
it is not compulsory to enable sound..you can also disable avast's sound effect as David instruction

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »
Overreaction for sure.
The best things in life are free.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 05:56:50 PM »
Overreaction for sure.
That's for sure.

The op was talking about the welcome to avast voice just after install so this voice cannot be turned off. I quite like the voices myself, let's me know that avast is doing it's thing :)

vecchio

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 07:01:57 PM »
Personaly i like the very sexy female voice of avast products
I have to say, its also one of the points which makes me buy the products
Obviouslly the name, and protections of the product is the mainlly reason for that
But please dont remove the voice
Thanks

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 07:06:49 PM »
I love that voice! It tells me avast is doing its thing. I do have an issue with the cussing. This is a forum is for those of us who desire to find answers to our questions in a safe environment. As far as uninstalling because of the voice...now that's rather petty. If you give up your avast you are giving up a top of the line av. Do as DavidR said and you will never hear that precious voice again. Remember no need to cuss.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 07:14:44 PM »
I love the Avast Voices cause if i go to a infected website Avast would let me know with a voice. it tells me there is like life in avast ;D
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

DavidCo

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
Perhaps Avast could add a clip from the wrestling.
Something to watch?
Mud wrestling for a virus etc

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »
Personally,I would like to see the remarks directed to the "voice function" in Avast, not at the OP. :-\

Gargamel360

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 08:05:04 PM »
Personally,I would like to see the remarks directed to the "voice function" in Avast, not at the OP. :-\

Ok,..... personally I guess the voice is fine.  Really, though, Avast!'s "voice" is irrellevant to me, it could sound like Pee-Wee freakin' Herman for all I care, as long as I can turn it off if I so choose.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »
Ok,..... personally I guess the voice is fine.  Really, though, Avast!'s "voice" is irrellevant to me, it could sound like Pee-Wee freakin' Herman for all I care, as long as I can turn it off if I so choose.

Good point, Gargamel...!
Nevertheless, we're getting OT here, as the OP didn't even reply here, but who cares... ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0