Author Topic: Paid Malwarebytes+ais  (Read 10272 times)

vecchio

Paid Malwarebytes+ais
« on: December 22, 2010, 02:17:29 PM »
safe to use?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Paid Malwarebytes+ais
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »
Yes.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

vecchio

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »

Silk0

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »
Yeah... and no conflicts between them whatsoever... and i recommend to everybody.
Your protection is like 99.999% against malware. ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:35:05 PM by Silk0 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 02:37:15 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »

Well, this is a bit high..!! ;)
You'll need more layers to get even near to this rate...!
asyn

Silk0

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 02:46:48 PM »

Well, this is a bit high..!! ;)
You'll need more layers to get even near to this rate...!
asyn

Just a way of expression, of course... :)
I know you need more stuff to get the % of protection near to perfection...

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 04:20:24 PM »
I've only used the on-demand version with avast! I would have thought that the two active resident scanners may "trip over" each other but you guys seem so confident that there's no problem.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 04:49:23 PM »
I've only used the on-demand version with avast! I would have thought that the two active resident scanners may "trip over" each other but you guys seem so confident that there's no problem.

I see alot of evangelists are running paid version along side Avast and it is something I intend to do in the New Year.
You might want to check this out: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68069.0

12-es_csaj

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 04:54:04 PM »

I see alot of evangelists are running paid version along side Avast and it is something I intend to do in the New Year.
You might want to check this out: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68069.0

As I see, you run MBAM only on-demand.  ;)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »

As I see, you run MBAM only on-demand.  ;)

That's true for the time being. MBAM is an excellent security software program that really specializes in Anti-Malware as I'm sure you know.
For a one time fee of around $25 from what I have experienced is an excellent buy.
For myself, I am waiting for the final release of Avast 5.1 just to illiminate any possible dual issues arising from "possible" beta conflicts...But as soon as I feel it right I'll make that one time purchase 'for sure'. ;)

12-es_csaj

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
That's true for the time being. MBAM is an excellent security software program that really specializes in Anti-Malware as I'm sure you know.
For a one time fee of around $25 from what I have experienced is an excellent buy.
For myself, I am waiting for the final release of Avast 5.1 just to illiminate any possible dual issues arising from "possible" beta conflicts...But as soon as I feel it right I'll make that one time purchase 'for sure'. ;)

Do you think running two on-access scanners is important for security?

Silk0

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »

Do you think running two on-access scanners is important for security?

Yes, of course it is... i have SAS, MBAM and other stuff... Security it's never enough.
Although, i'm thinking about get the Pro Version of MBAM... maybe, as a present of Christmas for myself. :p

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:19:52 PM by Silk0 »

12-es_csaj

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 05:19:54 PM »
Yes, of course it is... i have SAS, MBAM and other stuff... Security it's never enough...
Although, i'm thinking about get the Pro Version of MBAM... maybe, as a present of Christmas for myself... :p

I run MBAM quick scan very often and full scan about weekly, and as well as I frequently run ESET Online Scanner. I know that one AV isn't enough against malwares.

But I meant that two on access, continuously running scanners are important?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »
Yes, of course it is... i have SAS, MBAM and other stuff... Security it's never enough...
Although, i'm thinking about get the Pro Version of MBAM... maybe, as a present of Christmas for myself... :p

I run MBAM quick scan very often and full scan about weekly, and as well as I frequently run ESET Online Scanner. I know that one AV isn't enough against malwares.

But I meant that two on access, continuously running scanners are important?

While running an on-demand scan with MBAM regularily is good security procedure and can find Malware on your system and deal with it appropriately.... The real time resident protection 'stops' the malware before it can enter your system. IMO,this is better then dealing with it after it may have a chance to do real damage. :)