Author Topic: Very slow running after boot scan  (Read 3782 times)

bwguardian

Very slow running after boot scan
« on: December 22, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
I ran a normal scan on another computer and then decided to run a boot scan.  During the boot scan, it detected several Trojan files that I put in the Chest.  After it finished it is now very slow to get into windows to see all the Apps and I cannot get onto the Web, print, etc.  After awhile I get a message Cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\asynccyTask\acxWebTime.dll If I go to Explorer, basically the Local Settings folder forward do not exist on the hard drive.  I did go back to the chest and look at the files found and try redo what was done with no success.  I have tried to restore to an earlier date in both regular and safe modes and it will not allow it.  I have tried to turn off the system restore and boot again and it will not allow this either. Hopefully someone can help so I don't have to use the recovery discs.

Silk0

Re: Very slow running after boot scan
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »
Did you already ran a scan with Malwarebytes (MBAM)?

You can download it, here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

bwguardian

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 12:14:29 AM »
Did you already ran a scan with Malwarebytes (MBAM)?

You can download it, here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Might be kind of hard to download since I can not get onto the web with that computer.

Silk0

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »
Download in this computer and just pass the .exe of installation to a USB stick.
You just need to install in the another computer... 

bwguardian

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 03:22:09 AM »
Ran for awhile then got a run time error...I guess it is going to do like the restore and not totally load. I can see in the folder part of it has loaded.

bwguardian

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »
Okay, finally able to get the malware program to run with the quickscan and it found 8 corrupt files (one of which was within the Microsoft registry) and they are quarantined.  I tried to run the deep scan but it hangs up like it does when I try to restore the computer to an earlier date.  It is still hit or miss relative to if it boots up porperly now...sometimes it starts to hang up at the blue welcome screen and will not have all the apps on the screensaver and won't even allow me to get to the start button menu.  Aslo, if it does allow a good boot up and gets me into the screen saver where I can run something...like the full scan malware program...when I go to exit it it just brings on the screen which says program not responding, and then I clich end now and it just hangs up. 

bwguardian

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »
I got everything up and running now, only thing I have to disable Avast to surf the web.  This may have to do with Norton 2005...I cannot get that and Office 2003 removed for some reason...it just bogs down and stops when removing through the add/remove tool through the control panel.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 09:23:14 PM »
I got everything up and running now, only thing I have to disable Avast to surf the web.  This may have to do with Norton 2005...I cannot get that and Office 2003 removed for some reason...it just bogs down and stops when removing through the add/remove tool through the control panel.
never have more then one AV installed

Removal tools http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/

Norton removal tool #26a 

Uninstallers for Other Programs
Microsoft Office 2003 #25a
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:27:19 PM by Pondus »

bwguardian

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 12:35:45 AM »
Thanks, that tool did the trick and I am able to get on the net with Avast running now.  It is blocking some root Win32 and other Trojan stuff.  I ran the Malware and nothing came up, so I will see what happens in the next couple of days.