Author Topic: why is Avast not out in stores like walmart  (Read 3891 times)

David Thomas

why is Avast not out in stores like walmart
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:37:27 AM »
hello i would like too no why this software is not out in other stores like walmart i think evere Internet Security software  by date in all out in stores other then this one  and i like too no how come?  i think you guys sould  think about like later this year and may be trying it  out and see how it gos  but if you do make sure you put out the top of the line like Avast Internet Security and pro  AVG is out in stors why not this?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: why is Avast not out in stores like walmart
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:40:13 AM »
As far I know, too costly to do it. It does not worth due to the price and the sell margin.
The best things in life are free.

David Thomas

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:43:10 AM »
why would it be too costly and what would make it too costly too put it out in stores

this think about how march $ Avast would be makeing

spg SCOTT

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:46:11 AM »
Well there is cost in marketing it to the companies that will sell it, making the discs, making the boxes, marketing it (in the sense of adverts)...etc...

You have to take into account that AVAST is one of the relatively smaller companies, which would make it harder for them to do this.

David Thomas

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 01:54:08 AM »
i see scott  buts its not like there going too loss any $  they get the $ back when pople buy there software or how evere that works

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:08:56 AM »
Avast is available in some countries as a boxed product. It's not done by avast themselves but rather by the local reseller/distributor. If you do a custom install of avast 5 there is an option for activation code, which is for a boxed product.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay