Author Topic: Want to renew our 28-license suite, but.... what, who, when?  (Read 3986 times)

csilva

Want to renew our 28-license suite, but.... what, who, when?
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »
I realize that this is going to likely be a ridiculous question, but after lurking for a few days, I can't seem to find an adequate answer.

Extremely short version of my office's story is as follows:

- We have a 28-user Avast suite that's expiring in a couple of weeks.
- I received an e-mail from Avast to renew with a 30% discount (cool!)
- I clicked on the link to get the 30% discount last week, but the discount does NOT show at all.
- I called various Avast support numbers for paying customers and was shuffled back and forth between Avast itself, a Sales department that was for an apparent reseller and then back to Avast with no resolution. No one could simply tell me how to get the 30% discount since the link didn't function.
- I then created a support ticket and... received a response! The response was.... nothing! Literally. The responder signed his name but put nothing else in the message.
- I also sent a message to Sales@avast.com and didn't receive a reply, but .... all of a sudden I am getting e-mails from a company called Foresite-USA (apparently a reseller of Avast) with the 30% discount.

My questions are thus:

1.) Is this how sales are processed at Avast? It's handed off to resellers? Last year, I purchased directly through Avast with no middlemen. Just curious if that's the way it works now.

2.) Is this "Foresite-USA" safe to use?

3.) Finally, why couldn't anyone at Avast simply send me a code for the 30% discount? I just don't get it.

Again, probably lame-o questions, but really wanted to get some feedback since I'm at a loss before purchase. Thank you for ANY feedback or help anyone can provide.

Sincerely,

Claudia

comsats

Re: Want to renew our 28-license suite, but.... what, who, when?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 08:52:45 PM »
Well If you have bought from avast store directly.
And you want to renew it. You can renew with avast or you can renew with avast reseller as well.
Resellers are not middle men, they are the part of avast business.

1) You can renew avast automatically from the avast softwares directly , When it expires you will be redirected to renew avast, enter your costumer number . You will get discounted prices.
2) If you want to renew with avast reseller give him your costumer number. He can give you more than 30%. (We are giving 40% discounts ;) lol)

Regards

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »
I realize that this is going to likely be a ridiculous question, but after lurking for a few days, I can't seem to find an adequate answer.

Extremely short version of my office's story is as follows:

- We have a 28-user Avast suite that's expiring in a couple of weeks.
- I received an e-mail from Avast to renew with a 30% discount (cool!)
- I clicked on the link to get the 30% discount last week, but the discount does NOT show at all.
- I called various Avast support numbers for paying customers and was shuffled back and forth between Avast itself, a Sales department that was for an apparent reseller and then back to Avast with no resolution. No one could simply tell me how to get the 30% discount since the link didn't function.
- I then created a support ticket and... received a response! The response was.... nothing! Literally. The responder signed his name but put nothing else in the message.
- I also sent a message to Sales@avast.com and didn't receive a reply, but .... all of a sudden I am getting e-mails from a company called Foresite-USA (apparently a reseller of Avast) with the 30% discount.

My questions are thus:

1.) Is this how sales are processed at Avast? It's handed off to resellers? Last year, I purchased directly through Avast with no middlemen. Just curious if that's the way it works now.

2.) Is this "Foresite-USA" safe to use?

3.) Finally, why couldn't anyone at Avast simply send me a code for the 30% discount? I just don't get it.

Again, probably lame-o questions, but really wanted to get some feedback since I'm at a loss before purchase. Thank you for ANY feedback or help anyone can provide.

Sincerely,

Claudia

Hi, Avast's purchasing website can be a little difficult to navigate when it comes to renewals.  I've had the same problem as you in the past.

Since they are in Prague, it's hard to call them and ask for a renewal (if you're in the US) so the resellers are nice because you get to speak to someone local, and get discounts for renewing.

The Foresite-USA company seems to be legit, at least they have their business address / contact information listed on their website, but I haven't used them before.

Hopefully, Avast will develop a way where we can "log-in" to a customer portal of some sort, so that we can view our licenses, make changes to our account, and renew licenses when needed.  I think it would be a lot easier to just login to the portal and download the license to insert into the AMS server, rather than having to exchange emails and phone calls.

Anyway, just call the Foresite-usa company, explain the situation and see what they can offer you.  If you don't like them, let me know and I'll give you the number for another US reseller that I have worked with in the past.  They seemed ok.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

csilva

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:45:42 AM »
Abdul and Scythe:

Much obliged to both of you for the clear explanation of this stuff. Again, I simply thought it a bit strange that everything wasn't as "simple" as it had been last year when I simply purchased and went forward at the Avast site proper.

Given that resellers are "OK" to use and that it's all perfectly legitimate, I guess I'll go ahead with the renewal through a US reseller (Foresite). Thanks again for all your help and information!!

Sincerely,

Claudia

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 01:56:16 AM »
Sure no problem.

The first-time purchase is easy on the website, because it's just "add the licenses that you want, and click purchase".  Renewal though, there's customer numbers, renewal discounts, other discounts (such as non-profit) etc., and their form isn't really setup for all of that.

Anyway, I wish you luck!
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »

Hi Claudia,

Welcome to the forums.   :)

You can find the reseller in your state (or country) at the locater link below.

http://www.avast.com/locate-dealer

If you are in Delaware, then Foresite USA LLC would be the authorized reseller for your state.

http://www.avast.com/locate-dealer#0_326_tab2

But, it might be alright to use another reseller as some states may not have a reseller.
Alaska is one of those states.

csilva

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 07:03:47 PM »
CharleyO:

Thank you for the reply. That's one of the parts of this story that initially confused me. We're in California and yet a Delaware company was the one that 'sales@avast.com' handed the inquiry off to, even thought there are plenty of resellers in California.

Not that it really makes a difference, but, well.... 28 licenses isn't really chump change and I just didn't want to get swindled due to a lack of diligence. :)