Author Topic: Win32:Kuang2  (Read 3377 times)

mketchum

Win32:Kuang2
« on: August 27, 2004, 09:22:38 PM »
I got infected with the Win32:Kuang virus while using Avast 4 Home.. I got rid of it doing a on demand avast scan.. Is it new or has anyone else gotten it? I don't know how I got it and I was bummed that Avast didn't catch it. I leave my scanner on all the time and never turn it off. I am scared to go somewhere else to do a scan with a second scanner affraid I might get one from that too. Any advise or names of safe scanners to comfirm it is gone? I really like avast and it normally does catch everything, can you tell me what might of happend?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Win32:Kuang2
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 09:31:48 PM »
Kuang2  is a trojan that steals passwords and was written in Yugoslovia. It originated from februari 1999.

I strongly suggest you change your passwords.

mketchum

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 10:15:19 PM »
When you say change all passwords, do you mean all as in just my log on windows or all as in every password I have out there for all my accounts?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 10:18:32 PM »
I mean ALL passwords. Since the trojan steals them and you have no way of knowing what it did sofar, it is better to change them all. Better safe than sorry. ;)

whocares

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 12:11:23 AM »
Changing passwords is never wrong ;D , but this could very likely also be a false positive in unencrypted PANDA(Online?)-AV-files.

Please
- read the link "VirusRemoval" below in my sig., or the FAQ's on www.avast.com for more info
- supply the full path/folder/filename from avast's report/logs
- check the file with OnlineScanners, (if it still exists..)

;)