Author Topic: About screen saver scan...  (Read 2136 times)

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
About screen saver scan...
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »
I have a questions (and a problem :-\) about screen saver scan.

Question:
Is it normal that screen saver scan ring "Scan complete" sound when it finished first scan? If so, is there any way to prevent it (except for disabling all "Scan complete" sound)?

Problem:
Yesterday I noticed SS scan did not stop even if screen saver itself was stopped over 10 minutes before. It suddenly rang "Scan complete" sound (and I noticed this).

Does anyone know about these things? I installed avast from scratch just a fer days ago, and I started using SS scan...

P.S.
I'm sorry for not posting constructive things but only questions... :-[
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: About screen saver scan...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
I fixed the playing of the "Scan completed" sound in the screensaver, I doubt that was intentional (though I'd say it was there since the initial 5.0 release).

As for the scan running even after the real screensaver has finished... well, that certainly shouldn't happen. The problem is... would you be able to reproduce the problem?

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 02:43:52 AM »
I fixed the playing of the "Scan completed" sound in the screensaver, I doubt that was intentional (though I'd say it was there since the initial 5.0 release).
Thanks, waiting for the new release. :)
I used SS scan for the first time so I didn't notice that.

As for the scan running even after the real screensaver has finished... well, that certainly shouldn't happen. The problem is... would you be able to reproduce the problem?
I successfully reproduced it... I heard scan complete sound just now :'(
It seems if screen saver scan continues over 10 minutes or so, scan goes mad. It works properly when scan continues only a few minutes.

Something odd indeed.

According to "Resource Monitor" tool, process "System" accesses many files which completely unrelated (some old installer, recovery volumes etc.) and "AvastSvc.exe" also scan them. However File System Shield does not scan them (avast icon not rotating, graph shows nothing).
After 40 minutes today, it rang scan complete sound and scan logs shows Screen saver scan was completed. But the finished time shows about 40 minutes ago, which is the exact time that Screen saver stopped. There was no entry about it before scan completion.

Unfortunately attached picture doesn't contain AvastSvc.exe processes in lower column, it was difficult to get this because Resource monitor tool became nearly unresponsive due to high HDD accesses.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:50:25 AM by NON »
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One Essential

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:20:03 AM »
Any news?