Author Topic: ADNM onto SBS2011 in VMWare EXSi Guest  (Read 13271 times)

johntankard

ADNM onto SBS2011 in VMWare EXSi Guest
« on: February 03, 2011, 08:37:36 PM »
Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me out here, I have tried installing ADNM onto my SBS 2011 server which is hosted in a guest VM. The install seems to install fine with no errors, after the install I reboot to lock any open files down, upon checking after reboot avast does not appear to have installed, there are only 2 services installed the Network manage service and the mirror service.

Has anyone any ideas on this, I thought it would install fine with SBS 2011 being based on Server 2008R2.

Regards John

wpn

Re: ADNM onto SBS2011 in VMWare EXSi Guest
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:26:58 AM »
what is the goal you try to reach?

ADNM is the management tool to install and control the netclients (avast scanner installations)...
so its right that you see only the ADNM services... you still need to create and deploy the avast netclient package

johntankard

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:32:34 AM »
Hi WPN,

I know that, but, I can't login to the console to deply any clients or services. It wont find the server name either.

It does even give me the ''No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it'' message.

John

Update - After trying again, it seems to fall over halfway though the mirror installation, I have to close the error box and then it says install complete, which it obviosly isn't.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:37:26 AM by johntankard »

johntankard

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »
OK then,

Cured....

After I reinstalled I had the same problem, the management service kept stopping. I checked the database in AMS maintenance and it said the database did not exist even though it did and I could manually connect to it, I just deleted the old database and created a new one in AMS Maintenance and now all works fine.

Regards
John
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:42:43 PM by johntankard »

wpn

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 05:05:31 PM »
good work finding out yourself :)
thnx for writing down the solution to you problem too :)

goodluck

geoperkins

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »
I'm afraid I didn't understand the solution described in this thread. What version of avast! antivirus are you using on your server?

I would like to install avast! antivirus on Windows Home Server 2011 (WHS 2011) - which is the same technology repackaging of Windows Server 2008 R2 also sold as Small Business Server Essentials 2011 (SBS 2011).

wpn

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 10:46:16 PM »
the topic starter installed the ADNM (4.8) console on the server but couldnt login.
He then deleted the database via the AMS tool and created a new one, which worked for him as the solution