Author Topic: Sf:Crumpache-K [Trj]  (Read 2865 times)

Tedson

Sf:Crumpache-K [Trj]
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:00:30 AM »
I do not know how to get rid of this. I have searched the forums and have not found anything on this topic. I have the latest virus definitions and program version 5.1.889 and I do not know how I got infected  ??? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Sf:Crumpache-K [Trj]
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 09:40:05 AM »
welcome to the forum at first. we could use some more information from you.

what os do you us?

what have avast detect?

and what file is avast detect as malware?

is avst detection it but unable to do anything with it? if so i suggest you try a boot scan with avast.

http://www.schmahl.net/avastbootscan.php as a first step: during the boot scan send anything avast finds to the chest. It gives you more opition of delaing with the infection rader if you just delete it.

second a scan with malwarebytes antimalware is always recomended here to get a second opion

download, install, update and scan hit remove and let malwarebytes remove what it finds. (a system boot might be necassary)  

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

good luck and let us know on the progress.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Tedson

Re: Sf:Crumpache-K [Trj]
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »
I'm using Win XP Pro with service pack 3.

Surprisingly avast does not detect anything when using boot scan. Only when using a full system scan can avast detect ydwzro.exe
I turned off system restore and did a full system scan in safe mode and still could not kill it. It just kept coming back. I tried malwarebytes and was finally able to kill it but I was shocked because it showed that I had:
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 8
Files Infected: 122

I thought I was safe with an up to date avast :(

Thank you so much for your help.