Author Topic: [Resolved] Screen shots?  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
[Resolved] Screen shots?
« on: February 10, 2011, 03:37:54 AM »
What is a good screen shot software? I've been looking at Winsnap. Good or bad? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:50:20 PM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

waking

Re: Screen shots?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 04:04:02 AM »

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 06:58:18 AM »
MWSnap is really old, latest updates were 2003 and only works on xp and earlyer.
Para-Noid does vista have the snipping tool ? it's in a accessories.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »
try the button on yr keyboard that will be something like 'PrintScreen-SysRq' (usually find up near top right-hand corner).

click this key, then open MS Paint, go the drop-down menu under the Edit tab, and click 'paste'.

This will give you a snapshot of the whole screen. Save as a jpeg file that you can subsequently crop or re-size, re-sample, etc..
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

AU4U

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »
FastStone Capture,,,even better than the one that comes with Win7
http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
Well worth the 20 bucks for the program.
CNET RATING: 4 1/2 STARS
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:59:26 AM by MichaelT. »

rambo1940

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »
FastStone is a brilliant application.I have been using it for some time now
In fact i have the free version,which is still around but you will have to search for it.
Regards

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 10:31:37 AM »
FastStone Capture,,,even better than the one that comes with Win7
http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
Well worth the 20 bucks for the program.
CNET RATING: 4 1/2 STARS
20 buck's ! what a ripoff.
There is actually two snapshot tools if you go to the windows gadget site and there free  :) http://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?bt=1&q=screen%20capture

Hermite15

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 10:34:07 AM »
What is a good screen shot software? I've been looking at Winsnap. Good or bad? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

not sure this has anything to do in the "free/pro/suite" section of Avast forums, anybody can move that to general topics? ... otherwise www.google.com ::)

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 02:11:31 PM »
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Use-Snipping-Tool-to-capture-screen-shots

It works great on Vista and Windows 7. 8)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 03:54:09 AM »
I was asking about winsnap because it's free, and I like free.
The reason I posted it here was...I trust you guys. Trust goes a long way.
And not one of you has ever let me down.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

Hermite15

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »

not sure this has anything to do in the "free/pro/suite" section of Avast forums, anybody can move that to general topics? ... otherwise www.google.com ::)

BUMP!!! what is that thread still doing here ??? we're in the anti-virus software section guys ::)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Use-Snipping-Tool-to-capture-screen-shots

It works great on Vista and Windows 7. 8)
Thanks YoKenny. I didn't even know it was there. I even know how to use it.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 05:55:07 PM »

BUMP!!! what is that thread still doing here ??? we're in the anti-virus software section guys ::)
Please read my post directly above yours. It's all about trust.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 06:01:46 PM »
Us guy's would still answer if you had of put this topic in the support forum / general topic's where it should have been really, oh well time to move on now and put this thread to rest, you know for next time now  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: [Resolved] Screen shots?
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »
<snip>
Please read my post directly above yours. It's all about trust.

Trust has nothing to do with the forum that you post it in and this clearly shouldn't be in the avast! Free/Pro/Suite forum, but the General forum where you would have got the same response, trustworthy or otherwise. That is the point that Logos is making, this shouldn't be in the avast! Free/Pro/Suite forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security